Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Talking How long have you been coming here?

I am just curious, since we recently had a layout change....I have been here since 2002! (4 layouts ago, btw) I was wondering if anyone knew what has happened to Jon, the guy who started this site in the first place? I have just been wondering, since I don't see many of thhe people I used to know!

Default Re: How long have you been coming here?

I've been here since 2004 with a three year break in the middle. I think Jon is still around, but to be honest I don't know exactly what he's up to. As for older members, some of them do pop their heads in occasionally, and Harmonygirl is a mod!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I'd say around six years. I've changed my username a few times.

I joined in 2004 and have been a lurker up until the last few months

Back when I first joined, my 2 older kids were ALWAYS sick and I needed support. I posted every day. I got too dependent on it, so I became a lurker...slowly, most of the girls with kids my kids' ages started disappearing....most of us only posted when our kids were sick or to support others. I think as the kids started getting older, they stopped catching so many bugs...only then I had 2 more kids, so I am still in the little kid stage and so I need support still! I just don't post every time, since I am so unfamiliar with people on here these days! Last month my son had the flu, and his fever caused him to v*, but I didn't feel the need to run and post, I was a little proud of myself. I still panic at svs, though. :-)

I only recently joined, perhaps 4 months ago? It makes me wonder reading this where i'll be in a few years time, if i'll still be using the website for support and just generally where i'll be with my life...sorry to be so reflective, it's just odd to think my life could change so much but this site could remain a constant part of it, the future freaks me out

7 years, with long breaks in between. Just back recently, all the members I remember are gone
    Last edited by jptk; 03-05-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    A major function of sadness is to help people become more aware of what they value and hence conserve it

I think I joined back in 2007 after finding out that my nightly stomach aches were caused by being frightened of vomit. This site was a huge part of my recovery

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think I joined in 2008, not sure...my emetophobia was horrid when I joined, then it lessened and now it's worse again. Ack. I wish I had an emet buddy in real life though.

I was lurking for several months prior to joining and I've been an active member since September 2011
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Since the beginning of... 2010? It doesn't feel like that long at all!
    Come visit my history blog:

I remember discovering this website in fall, 2004. It was a little bit before I signed up, though.
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney

I think a year and change now

Been a member since 2008, used to visit the forum before hand but didn't post until my emet got really bad, seen about 3 different IES layouts and alot of people come and go!

I remember the layout back when it was pink...well, it let you choose the color, and I chose pink, then there was the coffee layout, I hated that one. I happen to like this one!
    Facebook: Kayla Rose Matheney