Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I DID IT!!! and it wasn't that bad???!!

ive only had 2 illnesses with vomiting in my 25 years. one in highschool and one 2 years ago. both were VERY bad and VERY traumatic.

then last week.... out of almost NOWHERE i puked! i had just gotten in bed and felt kind of off... but nothing remarkable... then all the sudden i had this incredible urge to sit up. so i did and for maybe 2 minutes my stomach felt kinda gross. again, nothing major just kinda ehhh. i thought to myself, "i think i'm gonna throw up... am i seriously gonna throw up right now? yep." opened up the toilet lid and there i went. just once.

later that night i had 2 boughts of diarrhea so it mustve been some sort of mild bug. but honestly.... ESPECIALLY compared with the other times i've been sick... it was nothing!! if anything, i was more overcome by confusion as to why it happened than anxiety.

i attribute this success to hypnotherapy which i started a few months ago. if anyone here is in the nyc area and willing to give it a try, i have the name of an incredible hypnotherapist who might be able to change your life.

Default Re: I DID IT!!! and it wasn't that bad???!!

Good for you for going through it and not freaking out!!!! Brava! Hope you feel better!

Good job and feel better.the kinda good part if this is that you didn't have much time to think about it!

fantastic to see you doing so well with it!
    I felt the same way after I did it. its not so bad.

Great job! Thats awesome. I actually live on the island. Where is the therapist located? Im kind of interested

That sounds like a great reaction to an uncomfortable situation. Last time I vomited it was similar in the sense that I went to bed a little off, and woke up needing to get sick. For me it took a few hours of diarrhea before I vomited, and the fear was awful. I am very interested in the contact info for your hypnotherapist. I am in cbt/exposure right now, but am not making much progress. Feel free to pm me (though I'm not sure how to pm others) or email me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.

I didn't mean uncomfortable to minimize your experience - for me, it would be terrible, the worst. I meant that you seem to have handled it as if it were a very umcomfortable, but bearable, situation - not the worst possible thing, which is a huge accomplishment for someone with this phobia.