Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Facebook!!

Default Facebook!!

So earlier today I was on fb and I scrolled down to a couple of pictures of 2 little boys asleep with buckets next to them! They were both sick with a sv* and their mother decided it was a great photo opportunity!!! So I deleted her... That wasn't the complete reason why I deleted her... She tends to post racist things about middle eastern people ( I am Iranian ) but this pushed me over... I was so disgusted that she would actually do this and on top of she was giving details about it! I just don't understand how people are just so carefree about taking pictures of their sick kids and giving details too... Like its cute or something !!

Default Re: Facebook!!

You know Facebook is a good thing for me with contacting my family that is all over the world, but it is AWFUL for my emet side of me! I was seeing it all over the place on people having this bug since Christmas. I was seeing posts with pictures of the kids with their "handy bucket" or people even talking about how it happened. I thought we were in the clear of things, but it is coming back!!! I don't see why people think this is ok!!!!! I am sorry that this person was posting racey posts!!!!! Good for you to delete her just for that reason!

Even aside from being emet, how inconsiderate. How would her boys feel if they knew their mother was posting pictures of them at their worst, I would be mortified. Good for you for deleting her, and also so inconsiderate about the racist posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Yeah I thought that was so inconsiderate not just of her kids but I'm pretty sure the non meets didn't appriciate those photos as well!!

emynrosie Guest

That's so disgusting. Also, don't you just HATE it when people post status's about being sick and throwing up and how they "cant keep any food down". I just don't see the point in announcing to everyone that you're SICK! JUST DON'T POST IT! It freaks the crap out of me when people do that so I don't even know how you coped with seeing those photos. What a thoughtless woman!!

In all fairness she probably thought she was doing no harm, doesn't sound like she purposefully uploaded it to get Emetophobic people's backs up per say. My Emetophobia is pretty bad, i cannot stand the sight, sound, smell or even hearing of someone who has a sickness bug. That being said I can understand a non-emet point of view, I would imagine most peo
    "Hold your breath, count to 10. Fall apart and start again."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In all fairness she probably thought she was doing no harm, doesn't sound like she purposefully uploaded it to get Emetophobic people's backs up per say. My Emetophobia is pretty bad, i cannot stand the sight, sound, smell or even hearing of someone who has a sickness bug. That being said I can understand a non-emet point of view, I would imagine most people dislike vomiting just like I dislike having the flu, a headache, hay fever etc yes unpleasant but a part of life and accept that sometimes it ha

I have thiught like this in the past but In all fairness she probably thought she was doing no harm, doesn't sound like she purposefully uploaded it to get Emetophobic people's backs up per say. My Emetophobia is pretty bad, i cannot stand the sight, sound, smell or even hearing of someone who has a sickness bug. That being said I can understand a non-emet point of view, I would imagine most people dislike vomiting just like I dislike having the flu, a headache, hay fever etc yes unpleasant but a part of life and accept that sometimes it happens. To non emet people it probably doesn't even enter their orbit to accommodate for Emetophobia they do not understand how for emetophobics, the Phobia can dictate what you do/eat/go and it never well unless they experience it themselves, it's the case with phobias.

As for the racism, that is inexcusable, ignorant and you were more than in your right to delete her for that reason alone.

what an idiot to do that.and shame on the jerk for the racism

I've had a lot of that.. to be fair most people really don't care that much about being sick, and those little boys probably could care less. My friends kids talk about it so matter of fact, really doesn't bother them. We have to remember that for many people it's just no big deal. Not fun, but whatever, it happens type perspective. They don't understand it, just like I don't understand Astraphobia (fear of lightning and thunder), and wouldn't necessarily think twice about posting a pic of thunder clouds coming my way or something, or a true phobia of spiders or whatever... Not trying to be argumentative at all, just pointing out that our fears are irrational and we can't expect the world to cater to them, much as we'd love them to!

HOWEVER. The racist thing she says is definitely worth deleting, that's so NOT okay. So bravo for deleting her for that reason!

Yuck, I find it offensive. Not even from an emet perspective - I just think it's vulgar, disrespectful, and in poor taste. I wonder why so many people seem to have relinquished the idea of privacy. I don't think people used to take pictures of things like that when they had to get them developed etc! Racism is even more disgusting so she deserved to be deleted!! I have no idea why some people think other people want to know about their bigoted views; I suppose they just don't have any self-awareness! xxx