Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb One suggestion new section....

One of the things that I have found that have helped me begin to deal with my phobias is things that succeed in taking my mind off of it even for just a moment. This entire board is essentially one never ending chat of reminders of what we obsess about constantly. Yes talking about it does help, BUT so does learning to train your mind to focus on things you love or enjoy. Positive things that help a person begin to relax and let go of that obsession. It would probably be good to have a section that completely unrelated to emetophobia. The one rule that stands is you cannot mention anything about your phobia or even be allowed to put the trigger words in there. It is a place to talk about everything thing that is completely unrelated to v*ing, n* or anything related to emetophobia at all. It needs to be a positive place, where only good, hopeful, happy topics are discussed! Funny stories, pictures or other things that can help lift a depressed or upset person's spirits and give them positive reminders that despite their struggles there is still GOOD things in life to focus on!!!! There is no better way to counteract the negativity we face as emts. than to have POSITIVE subjects to chat about!!

Default Re: One suggestion new section....

I do like that idea! Don't get me wrong, I love being able to help people in their time of need, but there are times, I come on here, completely fine and I start to read some posts...and I am back into my dark hole feeling awful. Nobody's fault but my own, but I would love read what other people do during the regular time!!!

Exactly JellyBn! That's what I thinking. One of the best ways to beat an obsession like this is to find other positive subjects that can successfully distract us from the negative aspects!!!

There's the text games section for distractions and the off topic section for off topic posts, maybe positive things should be posted there? It could turn into like the little IES haven away from emet.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh that could work. Don't get me wrong, I have my panic issues and freak outs and while I know that it is just reassuring me on my fear, it helps to bring me down. But there are a few times that I would like to get to know the person I am talking to...not just their symptoms!

Sounds like a plan! I do feel like I should use the other sections of the site more than i do.

Great idea! it would be nice to be able to come to this site & discuss other interesting stuff besides you-know-what, because good though this site is, it does tend to make me obsess a bit more about v.

We did have a positive section of this site previously, but nobody ever used it, everything just ended up in general or private :P That's why it was consolidated.

You may find these links helpful!