Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Exposed. Freaking out.

So today I went to my best friends house and found out his mom had been sick all night with v* and d* before I knew this I ate some donuts when I first got here without washing my hands. I touched the door handle and his grandma held my
    Hand his grandma is really sick and can't walk around by herself so everyone has to hold her hands to do it. I'm scared that his mom may have done it after she was v*. I really dont know how well she washes her hands his family is weird. And now I'm so scared.

Default Re: Exposed. Freaking out.

I would hope she would wash up after being s* and touching someone, especially an elderly person. I wouldn't freak, she could have had some bad food or something hon.

Default Re: Exposed. Freaking out.

Eurch, don't these things always happen just when we have a lapse with handwashing?

Like Emociional says it might not even have been catching, and even if it were the odds of her transferring particles to the gran and her then transferring it to you are fairly slim - people touch all sorts of surfaces every day and don't get sick, besides i'd like to think most contaminated surfaces are from people who have touched a cpntaminated surface in a room someone got sick in then transferred it that way rather than from the sick person themself as surely everyone washes their hands and face etc after being sick - she could even have had a shower. Hard as it is try not to get too worked up about this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.