Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: So scared

Default So scared

My boyfriend called me today and had left work early because he was throwing up. He had spent the night at my house last night and we had spent the whole day together yesterday and were intimate and kissed this morning. I had the sv* three weeks ago and it was awful. I'm so scared i'm going to get it again. I'm worrying so much that my stomach hurts and i'm convincing myself that i'm gonna get it. HELP. I can't go through this again. Do you think i'm gonna catch it?!

Default Re: So scared

If you only had it three weeks ago, you should still be immune to it, I wouldn't worry. Just boost up your vitamins and eat some probiotics. Try to distract yourself with a computer game or a movie.

Default Re: So scared

Artoo16 is right. Also, its difficult to catch it before he shows symptoms unless he doesn't wash his hands after using the bathroom (eew!) You'd have to come into contact with infected fecal or vomit particles. I would avoid coming into contact with your boyfriend for the next day or so, and just keep up the good hand hygiene. You can't catch it from saliva or kissing. I highly doubt you would have already contracted it, so just wash your hands well!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!