Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post Went to the doctor.......?

Ok, so I went to the doctor today because my sinuses are acting up and I keep getting these horrid headaches. Plus I've been having potty problems. My stomach just hurts and going to the bathroom makes it worse. My body pushes on its own and I just want to cry. My doctor just said my colon is inflamed. Now my stomach is cramping again and I feel warm. I'm freaking out. I haven't really ate much for 3 days now. But I keep thinking I'm going to be sick so I don't want to eat in fear. Everywhere I turn somebody is sick. Has anyone else had an inflamed colon? I never heard of it.

Default Re: Went to the doctor.......?

I started to feel sick earlier so I laid down for awhile. Felt a little better so I got up to clean a little then I felt like I had to immediately go to the bathroom. And I strained and cramped, just passed a lot of gas. Continued on cleaning then I got this extremely bad sour stomach. I feel a little warm. I'm so scared. I'm due for my period tomorrow so I'm hoping it's just that. I haven't had a sv in years. I hope I don't have it. I haven't gone many places and I haven't been around anyone sick. But who knows, could have got it from a shopping cart for all I know. I guess I whine too much, just don't have many people to turn to.

I am sorry that you are not doing well. I would first go with the whole period thing. Have you gotten like this before? I don't know about the whole inflamed colon, but I do know that not eating for a few days can make your stomach hurt! I am currently working on this as well. I have a few good days, and then I have a step back and stop eating. Just happened again to me today. The fact that you haven't gotten actually sick or had d* I wouldn't think you are going to get a sv*. I hope you feel better soon! Just make sure to keep fluids to you!!!

I took just about everything I have for my stomach. My anxiety got the best of me and sent my stomach into overdrive. I still have sour stomach ate a few crackers and it helped a little. I already have a slight fear of food. I only eat what I know, like when I go to a restaurant I typically order the same thing. I eat (hopefully) safe. I can't even eat sea food because I can't get past the smell, it makes my stomach turn. But when I start hearing people getting sick I become this crazy cleaning lady, smother my kids with hygiene, and typically cut my food drastically. And I only do that in fear of food thinking what if tonight is the night. It sucks going through this. Thank goodness I homeschool my kids. Thanks for the response I was feeling alone.

That can happen. I know when my anxiety kicks into high drive, I constantrate on every little movement, feeling, noise my stomach makes. It is easy to play off of that! Like right now, I think I am hungry...I know I am hungry, but I am nervous to eat. I shouldn't be....but I am. Just part of our fear that we have to conquer!! Have you tried to talk to someone, like a therapist or someone about your fear? I know I am and starting CBT. I am also back on my meds and starting to find myself being able to talk myself back down during a freak out. I am glad that you are feeling a little better!!