Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RRRRRRRRRRRR I FEEL N*

AS SOON AS I GOT INTO BED ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO, I HAVE FELT N* IT JUST CAME ON ALL OF A SUDDEN...... I'VE FELT FINE TIL THEN...... I HAVEN'T REALLY GOT STOMACHACHE BUT IT FEELS VERY GASSY AND *SLIGHTLY GRAPHIC* I'VE JUST BEEN TO THE TOILET AND MY STOOLS WERE SLIGHTLY LOSE.... BUT NOT DIARHEA... I'M THINKING THAT IS BECAUSE OF THE 2 ANTI-EMETIC I HAVE TAKEN???? AARRRGGGHHH MY STOMACH JUST FEELS ALL CRAZY AND I CAN'T DEAL WITH IT....

PLEASE SOMEONE REASSURE ME.... IF I WAS GONNA V* WOULD I HAVE STOMACHACHE ETC????? I JUST FEEL SO SICK KEEP THINKING I WANT TO HEAVE BUT THINK ITS JUST ME THINKING ABOUT IT...................................... PLEASE HELP I'M PANICKING NEED TO GET TO SLEEP AS I'VE GOT COLLEGE TOMORROW........

I have that quite often--gassy, and slightly loose stools. I can't predict the future, but you just need to calm down--maybe get some fresh air, I am pregnant and felt like I was about to v** the other day, so I went outside and just breathed in the fresh cool air and I felt better--try that!

THANKS DONNA,

WOULD LOVE TO GET SOME FRESH AIR BUT IT QUARTER PAST MIDNIGHT HERE IN ENGLAND..........

ALL I WANNA DO IS GET INTO BED AND GO TO SLEEP BUT THIS IS JUST KEEPING ME AWAKE.... I KNOW I'VE GOT THAT HORRIBLE LITTLE THOUGHT IN MY HEAD THAT I COULD V* AND IT WON'T GO AWAY............... DO U THINK ITS ALL PANIC MAKING ME FEEL N*????? I'M SO SCARED NORMALLY I CAN TALK MYSELF OUT OF THIS BUT TONIGHT I CAN'T........... I JUST WANNA GET IN MY CAR AND DRIVE OFF BUT I WORRIED INCASE I NEED THE TOILET AND ITS GONE MIDNIGHT..... I JUST DON'T WANNA V*

I think you would definitely feel MUCH better if you could find a way to calm yourself down, is there a friend or relative who might be up, or something on television?? Could you open a window?? I know how scary it is to feel ill in the middle of the night and feel alone!!!

Could you be lactose intollerant because that happens to me if I have cream,dairy,ect.?Do you feel better after you go?Try to calm down and slow your breathing so you can see how you REALLY feel-it's hard to get an accurate diagnosis for yourself when your having a panic attack.

I agree--and tummy pain with bowel problems do NOT mean that you are going to v****!!! I have lots of stomach aches and poop problems [img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]and I have not thrown up in 20 years!

*hugs*

how are you feeling now?

because of the amount of time thats passed, if you were going to v* without the stomachache, it would have happened a long time ago. chances are the panicing is dragging this on. breathe, count to ten and if that doesnt work, and you are still online, PM me?

WELL, I DIDN'T FEEL MUCH BETTER AFTER I WENT BUT I THINK THATS BECAUSE OF THE PANIC

I'M TRYING TO CALM DOWN ABIT BUT STILL FEEL N* ALTHOUGH I'M THINK ING IT'S BEACAUSE OF THE PANIC. I JUST KEEP THINKING SURELY IF I WANTED TO V* THEN I WOULD FEEL MUCH WORSE BY NOW???? WELL, I'M HOPING....... HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD GAS THAT MADE THEM THINK THEY WERE GONNA V*? I'M SCARED TO GO BACK TO BED I DID DRIFT OFF FOR ABOUT HALF AN HOUR EARLIER BUT I WOKE UP AGAIN AND FELT N* AGAIN.... I HATE EMET MY MUM & DAD R PROBABLY WONDERING WHAT THE HELL I'M DOING TAPPIN AWAY AT A KEYBOARD AT THIS TIME...........

AS I SAY I HAVEN'T REALLY GOT STOMACH ACHE MY STOMACH JUST FEELS ICKY......... I'M GETTING THE OCCASIONAL PAIN UP NEAR MY RIBS SORT OF TO THE SIDE........... AND ONE UNDER MY BREAST........... DOES THIS HAPPEN WHEN U NEED TO V*

I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING SUCH A WIMP BUT I'M SCARED............

no, that happens to me alot but i dont vomit from it. i've had alot of gas though that makes me think i will. i think its just the sensation of having so much in the stomach, not to mention the whole burping thing. that really freaks me out. no so much of fun because even though it is only gas, it is something coming up the wrong end. im pathetic and prefer the other kind of gas, much as its not cool either just so i dont have to feel anything coming up.

but it is ok to be scared from how you are feeling and that is what this site is here for. im online if you want to chat and have practice at the distraction game.

THANKS U GUYS.............

DONNA THATS ONE HECK OF A RECORD!!! DO YOU TAKE ANTI EMETICS? OR DO U JUST NOT GET SICK THAT MUCH?!!!!

I THINK I'M STARTING TO FEEL A TAD BETTER ALTHOUGH STILL ABIT PANICKY........

BUT NOW I DON'T FEEL TIRED AND NORMALLY I'M FAST ASLEEP BY NOW.......

O U GUYS WHY DO WE HAVE TO HAVE EMET????

BLOOD_TEARS HOW CAN I CHAT WITH YOU? I'M ON MSN AND AOL IM........

because ebing afraid of spiders or small places is just to common for us. we HAVE to be unique!

I often wonder why I can't be one of those people on the Maury show that are afrid of clowns or tin foil or something-the number twelve mabey-but why v*?[img]smileys/smilies_08.gif[/img]

I KNOW SOMETIMES I WISH I WAS AFRAID OF SPIDERS OR SOMETHING AT LEAST U CAN RUN AWAY FROM THEM AND EVEN STAMP ON THEM IF U'RE THAT SCARED... BUT WITH EMET U CAN'T DO EITHER!!! AND U'D LOOK ABIT WEIRD IF YOU DID!!!!

I HATE THIS!!!

if i could be afraid of anything...i would like to be afraid of....hmm...this is difficult.

i'd want it to be soemthing i dont much have contact with.

venus fly traps. or man traps. or whatever the biting plants are called. i want to be afraid of those. because i dont think i've ever seen one

Could be worse though. We could be afraid of poop. Now that could get uncomfortable. Or feelingofclothesaphobia-we'd have to run around naked. Id kinda like to be afraid of chocolate-just for one week mabey I'd wear a bikini again.

hmmmmmmmmmm you've got me thinking! some people r afraid of eyes ain't that strange!!!

i'd like to be afraid of spending money on clothes!!!! hahahhahahahahahaha

kjen I added you onto my msn but I dont see you on, what is your hotmail address for msn, I hope i did this right

I am not sure when these posts were written, but I just wanted to share that a couple of days ago I had a similar experience. It was all in my head. I was extremely nauseated and I got fresh air and everything, but nothing helped until I told myself that if I had to throw up, I just would. I was scared and everything, but it gave me control over it when I said if I allowed myself to do it, it would be okay even if it felt terrible. The nausea slowly went away and I was fine! I think it is not only the gas for you but the anxiety as well. Gas will cause you to feel terrible; people have even been rushed to the emergency room because they thought they were having a heart attack (I read this). I hope you are feeling better. Put on a good movie, or listen to some soothing music and tell your self out loud you will not throw up and I am sure this will probably work. Let us know how you are doing.

Stephanie

I also had a similar experience the other night. I was very gassy and i started to feel N*. I walked around my apartment for about 20 minutes telling myself that i didn't have to v* but if i did, it would be ok, because you will feel better after you do it. I then thought of a happy memory i had and focused my attention on it, and the n* went away and i was able to get to bed.

This phobia controls so much of my life, it's scary. If i try to limit the amount of attention i give it, it tends to not bother me as much.
    <a href=\"
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    src=\"http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10731;130/st/2 0070423/e/My+Caribbean+Cruise/k/3909/event.png\"></a&gt ; ; ;

Thank God I'm not scared of rain!I'd be a non stop panic station cos I live in Scotland! There's a phobia for just about everything you could imagine. I've actually tried to make myself afraid of something cos it would take my mind off emet. But it doesnt work!

KJen I hope you're feeling better. I got a bit depressed last night cos I saw my ex boyfriend holding hands with the girl he used to go out with before me! My friend thought it would be a good idea to get ice cream to cheer me up. It was a massive hot fudge sundae. I loved it but it didnt cheer me up. I just felt miserable AND sick!! But I wasnt really that worried because I knew it was through my own bloody greed! I find that if I know what causes my stomach to feel off, I feel better!

xx
    No Fear

Swiftette, that's so funny that you said that, my best friend has an intense phobia of poop!!!! I'd never even known that would cross anyone else's mind!!!

Kjen, I just do not get sick very often and never have, you can count on your fingers the number of times I have v'ed in my entire life. I'm very lucky, God has smiled down on me!!! But, the flip side is.. . .my girls throw up ALOT!!!!!!!!

thanks guys

well i've just totally freaked out...... went into college at lunch and was sat next to my friend in class and shes says shev* this morning she just said her stomach was really dodgy this morning but she felt fine now............ well that sent me into a blind panic...... do u think i'll catch it??????i mean she was sat next to me for about 1 hour and a half.... didn't touch her just the desk....... i know she's pretty clean about washing her hands etc.... and i also know she's been on anti-depressants do u think it could be them? i just couldn't handle it at all all i could think about was how i'm gonna catch it.... i'm so scared i had to leave college and was meant to be there til 8pm........................ can you catch sv by breathing?

Kjen, From what I've read, sv*s are not airbourne(unless your close enough to a person who is in the process of v* then you could catch some of the aerisolized V*)Some people are a little queesy in the a.m. and mabey her breakfast was to heavy. People who are'nt afraid of v* don't panic and just alllow it to happen even if they don't NEED to v* cause they think they will feel better.Donna, wow, I was just kiddin! How does your freind handle the poop fear?I cant imagine being afraid of something you have to face everyday...or mabey it's just touching it, like changing a baby diaper.

Wow, I'm a newbie and very releived to see that I'm not the only person afraidto v*. All of the expeirences that I have read, I have lived. I haven't actually v'd in at least 12 years but have been close too many times to count. Especially in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping. I kinda freak out and have even driven twenty minutes on a desparate search for pepto. To offer my suggestions of what works for me...I practice the breathing excercises, I pray relentlessly "Please God don't let this happen!" and stack my pillows up and try to calm myself down. Normally I will eventually fall asleep and wake up feeling better. My husband say's he's going to purchase stock in pepto!

well i've just spoken to my friend and she left college cos her tummy wasn't right. she said she feels fine really just cramps and some looseish stools although not proper diarhea..................... she said she was only sick a little bit just once this morning.... she says its probably isn't a bug cos she normally gets a temp and feels ill with them but i'm not convinced.... she did mention she drank a bottle of wine last night though............. i'm just sat here now i keep crying cos i hate this so much sometimes it all gets way too much and i just wanna end it all because of this emet....... i can't stand it much longer...........

i have such weird thoughts......... like at the minute i have convinced myself i'm phychic and i will v* this year for definite......... how stupid is that????!!!!!!!!!!

Kjen, I understand how you are feeling, this phobia does interfere with everything in our lives but we can't allow it to take over our lives to the point that we feel like we need to end it all! I wake up everyday praying that I won't feel n* and I avoid anyone that has v* within the last week because I'm afraid that I will catch whatever they had.

What it boils down to is that just because she was sick does not mean you will catch it. The stress of thinking about it will make you feel worse, just keep telling yourself that you will be fine! Do something to get your mind off of the whole thing.

well, i've just had something to eat so suppose thats a step in the right direction.......... i try to be positive but it really is just takin over at the moment

it sounds to me like she doesn't even have an sv........ i mean, she says she generally feels fine except abit of stomachache and she's been eating all day....... rrrrrrrrr i just don't know maybe she had abit of a hangover from the wine???!!! I HOPE!!!! she's kinda like me in a way and she has abit of phobia about cleanliness (i'e. washes hands, won't eat off certain surfaces etc...) so she was fine with me asking all the weird questions....................

<DIV>A hangover is most likley the case. I'm sure she'll be fine and so will you! I'll be here all day if you need me!</DIV>

i spok eto my friend again and she says she feels fine except abit of tummy ache.... she thinks it may be some white bread that she ate.... she thinks she intolerant to it or something and that mixed together with the wine made her feel bad she says she could barely get up this morning!!! so fingers crossed it was that and i won't catch it!