Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy I just want to be normal again! Please help!

I normally use the sleeve of my cardigan to touch door handles, atm machines and stuff like that. That's not the problem, I know tons of people who do that but this morning on my way to work, the sleeve of my cardigan accidentally touched my lips. I normally wouldn't care but I don't wash my cardigans all that often so I'm freaking out! I'm so sick of feeling like this all the time. I just want it to be over.
    Last edited by amy_n; 03-07-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Default Re: I just want to be normal again

Hi. How are you feeling?
    I can completely relate to you. I always freak out when Anything dirty touches me lip but it always turn out okay. I always run to the restroom to wash my mouth so I am trying to avoid the washing and just let it go. It's always easier said than done The worrying really takes a toll on our bodies. I dont know about you but at the end of every day i feel exausted just from haivng to worry about this stupid phobia 24/7. Hang in there! Have you seeked for professional help? I am thinking of going with a well-known hypnosis.

I'm totally the same. I avoid touching my mouth in public places or at school, if I do I start panicing, and when I get home from being out or from school I run to the bathroom and wash my hands thoroughly, I don't even let my hands touch my food, and if they touch it I don't eat that section of food...
    Try with the professional help, when I'm old enough, I will be definitely trying to find help for this phobia.

There is no chance of anything happening to you from that. I can't relate to the not touching things because i touch everything. All i can promise you is that you will be fine.