Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: IBS or Not ???

Hybrid View

I for as far back as I can remember, having issues with this.. TMI coming, I either cant go, orwhen I dogo its eitherD or almost D. Then there are days were I am in the clear, and its normal.. Butthese arefarand inbetween days. Its pretty bad when I eat anything withLactose, Like Cheese, I am a mouse I LOVE CHESSE, but boy do I suffer after... I just ate lunch about 30 to 40 minutes ago, and it was aHam& Cheese Warp with some chips. Iwas not feeling well tobegin with, and thought that maybe some food,might help me.. Well Ino longerfeel shaky, I now have D...Howcan I tell if this is aSV or IBS.. Any advice would be helpfull Thank you Christy Edited by: matmysunshine

Hi Christy It's Kat.....I have had IBS/D and C for many yrs....you could be possible both...and lactose intolerant....I love cheese too....it tends to constipate me though....which is good for me...I am used to having D all the time...anyway I suggest you go to www.ibshope.com and sign up there.....it's a excellent website...they have tons of info on IBS....it will help you figure it all out....how long have these symptoms been bothering you.....I will be glad to answer any other questions you might have too.....i know how frustrating IBS is .....and it has soooo many symptoms and they all make you feel like you have a sv alllllll the time...it's awful.......please ask me anything Kat

I'm wondering if mabey the shakyness was you being over-hungry. An sv* usually comes on fast and furious. I have ibs due to lactose intolerance too. I also wonder if I have other food sensitivities. I also have acid reflux that I am to afraid to get checked because they stick a camera down your throat and that TERRIFIES ME!!Whenever I have anything with the word cream in it, I get terrible d* that makes me sweaty and shaky and crampy but it goes away in an hour. I hope you feel better soon. Try to keep a log of what you eat and when you have d*, cramps, ect.

Hi guys, thanks for responding.. I keep getting cramps, and the need to run to the Potty again, none the less its still D.... I have never been told by a DR that I have this, but its been going on for so long, I am sure I am part of the IBS family. This shakyness i have been experiencing, I think is a start of a panic attack, my insides feel like they are going to jump out at me, and I am Nausea sooo bad...then its goes away if I can get my mind off of it. If not, then I am back to breathing in and out slowly.. because if not I look like a panting dog

Kat- I really want to take up yoga, I am up to trying it, I need something to help me, I wanted to get into it when I was prego with my son, but could not seem to get with it, but really want to try when I can get myself to having the 2nd

Thanks again guys.. Christy

Hi Christy, I totally sympathise as I suffer with IBS too! I can't identify a food that causes mine, but I usually get it as a result of a change in routine eg a holiday or even a day trip, darn it! I think the nausea is caused by your bowels cramping up, because I find that when my bowels settle down, so does the n*.

What I'm wondering is if you might want to get checked for Giardia or other parasites? A few years ago I started with really bad symptoms like yours - and mine came on like a 'normal' stomach bug but then just would not go away. Despite going to the doc several times I never got a proper diagnosis. However, I'm now 99% sure that I had Giardia because it is the ONLY condition that matched my symptoms. It gradually faded over two or three years and just left me with these occasional IBS attacks.

If you have had it all your life of course it is probably IBS orfood intolerance. It might be worth getting checked out, anyway! Just a thought.

It sounds like you are lactose intolerant, unless other foods are triggering your symptoms too.

I recommend www.ibsgroup.org. They are great for advice.

HOWEVER, you should be seeing your doctor about this. There could be many other things going on like Crohn's disease, colitis, diverticulitis, etc.

Good Luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    <font color=Blue>Carly --Check out my site---
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    you are on MySpace let me know and I will add you as my friend</font>

Christy...the yoga sounds perfect....I know what you mean...it's so hard to get into it though...my co workers and tried to do an exercise tape here at work this am...I am so out of shape...we kind of gave up....it was a good laugh though....it will make you feel better though.....releases hormones that make you feel good....i used to work out at the gym regularly and then i just quit.....it just took too much time...i need to go walking agian...anyway yoga seems like it would be so relaxing...just do it...Kat[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]