Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Question about sv* in school?

Ok so today at school my 9 year old said another kid was s* during lunch and that the 'smell' was awful. Now I am terrified she'll get that kids virus because she could smell it Idk if it can be caught that way, someone please educate me?

Default Re: Question about sv* in school?

Hard to say really,firstly it depends on he reason the child was sick, it might not even have been something contagious, but if it was a virus then if she got actual vomit particles up her nose then technically yes she could but i think for that to happen she would have had to have been right next to her, and just because she could smell it doesn't necessarily mean she was all that close but it is a pretty grim smell and it does travel.

Have a read of this link, it is Sages website (she is a moderator on here) and the noro page is fab for reassuring you on exactly how it can and can't be transmitted, i re-read it all the time if i am worried and it always calms me down. http://www.emetophobiahelp.org/norovirus.html

Try not to worry too much about this though as it really might not have been anything catching in the first place.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you so much. I will go read that now She said she was a few tables away so I don't think particles can travel that far with out help from the wind or a fan. I'm just extremely worried about my daughters getting that awfulness.

My daughter had a day last week were she had a few people at school v* near her and she has been fine. I however spent a few days on the edge of my seat just waiting.... I wish these viruses would calm down!

Wow that was very informative Thanks again!

Anxious I know how you feel, I'd bite my nails to the nub with fear if I wasn't to scared to It's just so scary!