Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help! Gagging sensation :(

Ok so for the past few days or so I have had this nasty feeling, like I gotta gag. It's hard to explain, kinda like when you brush your tongue a little too far back and you gag? But as I'm sitting here typing I feel like I have to gag! I saw a post similar to this, but I'm unsure if this would be anxiety related? It doesn't particularly feel like a 'lump in the throat' feeling, its more just an urge to gag sensation. Can anyone educate me on this, its starting to freak me out more and more because its constant

Default Re: Help! Gagging sensation :(

It's anxiety related. I get it sometimes if my mouth is really dry due to dehydration. The more you focus on it, the more it's going to plague you. You just have to do your best to distract yourself and you'll soon realize the sensation's not as potent as it once was.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I feel like that with my reflux. Try taking a Pepcid!

I get this exact feeling and I hate it... when I first got this and didn't know what it was I thought I was really sick, but it really is anxiety.

reflux, anxiety or possibly allergy.

Thanks guys so much! I was so worried that it wasn't anxiety, which in turn freaked me out more. Thanks again!