Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: please?

is anyone is online to chat it would be really appreciated?

my little buddy, hes only 10 years old. hes my gf's brother but hes cute. hes been sick for the past month, has pancreatitis so no one was too worried. he gets better, gets worse, but you know?

i stayed over their house last night. but i didnt get there until after he got to bed. the doc told him he has to has to drink, or hes going to be in the hospital because if his blood work came back today bad then he was going to have to go.

we got his blood work back today and it was ok and we all breathed a sign of relief.

but he still cant keep anything down. they didnt tell me this until this morning when i was trying to distract him from the pain by playing puter games with him. then he said...well, you can guess.

i went to work though, so i wasnt with him all day. he still cant keep even plain water down. now hes v*ing bile.

theyre taking him to sick kids. they called his pediatrician at home. they think he has an obstruction. theyre talking about taking him into surgery tonight.

i know i cant catch his pancreatitis. but im afraid and im panicing and i feel really bad because i wont go with or be near his family right now because he was v*. and i feel really really bad. im afraid for him, and im afraid for me, and im afraid for them all and...i really would like someone to talk to

Hi, it's Donna. Ok first-try to relax because you know you won't catch it and you'll feel better once you calm down. It sounds like there is nothing you can do right now for him and his family anyways so-I don't know if you are religious at all or not but try to say a little prayer for him-say it over and over like a mantra if it makes you feel calmer. Second, I'm sure he is in good hands and will be much better after his surgery-but it will take a few days. Untill then, phone them often-do'nt ask specifics about v* though. Just let them know you care -you do'nt need to be in person if it makes you uncomfortable.

i dont want specifics about the v*. i promise!

im just really worried about everything. im really close to their whole family (i kinda have to be, ive virtually lived there for the past year) and, the entire family right now is out with one sickness or another, so i dont even know if they are going to let anyone other than the little boy into the hospital. i know sick kids is great and they have some of the most skilled people there but..

this is pancreatitis, no one knows anything about it so...im really really afraid for him and for all of them.

I agree with Donna. You don't have to be with him if it makes you uncomfortable, but since you know you can't catch it, try and focus on him. It is so hard to see little ones that sick. It seems so unfair. I really hope both of you feel better soon. I will say a prayer for you both.

im so worried, and i cant handle hospitals and i feel like im letting them down by not being there

I get totaly freaked out too-I can't even take a deep breath when I'm in a hospital. But you just kinda have to concentrate on WHY you are there and not HOW YOU FEEL about being there. Which is hard for us but sometimes we have no choice and either have to go because something is wrong with us or someone we care about. I do'nt think you need to be there right now though, you'd probably just be paceing the halls. What does your girlfriend say?Does she feel you should be there?

her mom actually wants me there. for moral support (we work together so...and the boys father wont even get into town until tomorrow evening, they are divorced).

right now though i think i am going to go and baby sit their other girl, aged 13, because she is out with strep throat, so cant go into the hospital, but cant stay by herself either all night...

Well thats good, you'll be helping out without having to go to the hospital.

i guess, and she can stay overnight at my place if she has to, sickie or no

Well I'm guessing she is taking anti-biotics so no need to worry about contagiousness.And tomorow is a new day-I don't know what time it is in Canada, it's 8:45 here. I'll bet you'll be much calmer tomorow and better able to deal with everything, It sounds like today was filled with a lot of watching and waiting-I'm sure everyone is feeling worn out. I hope your little buddy is doing ok.

My hubby wants the computer-keep us posted. I'm sure everything will be fine[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

its 11:35 here, and last we heard he was just getting paged in to finally see a doc. but that may be because he got worse once he got into the ER. im not worried about the sister being contagious, i have had strep so many times it doesnt faze me, and if i didnt give her the bug, im sure ill get it next week. just so worried about the boy. he called my cell to say good night to me before 11, which was how i know he got paged in, i heard it in the background but i dont know whats happened since then

Awwwww, that must be a hard situation for you. [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]Keep us posted, and I am praying for you all!! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

last i heard he was finally getting some pain killers and they were waiting for a doctor to finally answer his phone. theres a possibility he might not have to have surgery though now. but there is only 1 pediatric GI in ontario who deals with pancreatitis so with him not answering his phone...

I was at Sick Kids Hospital with my friend who's daughter had to stay there because of cancer, she was 8. My friend begged me to go with her and I couldn't let her down. We had a long drive to get there, I took my pills with me. That hospital is awesome, it doesn't look like a hospital at all. Just looking around made me feel better. I don't know how to explain it, its not like anyother hospital. You will do just fine being there I promise you.

i've been in sick kids before. and do not take any pills for anxiety/panic. for personal reasons.

but anyways heres the update:

my little buddy managed to avoid everything. it was only partial so...he gets some nice fun laxatives but he is feeling better. for this i am really really glad.

however: we all remember the girl i was staying with? the 13 year old. i was sure she had strep. and, no she hadn't started anti-biotics yet. but i figured ok strep, i get it twice a year min anyways, so i wasnt worried about ebing exposed to it. its spring so im scheduled for my next bout anyways.

she went to the docotrs today. that thing where i thought she had strep? yea, its strep and scarlet fever. and i was with her last night.

so im now under a 5 day quarentine....yay..

OH NO!!!!!!