Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Scared

Default Scared

I'm so scared. My four year got sick 8 days ago...one day of v* and 6 of really high fever. My hubby hot abdominal cramps and grade fever. Then last night my mother in law, who came to help us out, v* all over my kitchen floor. I cleaned it up. She's gone and I've bleached the whole house. I picked my 5 month old up at daycare and she's had two very runny poops. I'm terrified. I started taking Zofran yesterday. Will that stop the v* from ever starting if I do get this thing? Please help I'm freaking out!

Default Re: Scared

Zofran should help if you do end up exposed, but if you were careful, you probably don't have to worry. If you practice good hygiene (which I'm sure you do :-) your chances of getting it are pretty slim. Even being up close to it doesn't mean you will get it as long as you were careful. Keep up the hygiene, take some vitamins, and try to distract yourself, your anxiety can run away from you and make you feel sick even if you are not. Try to sleep and eat normally as well, since these things can also make you feel sickish. Hang in there!