Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Damaged egg?

Default Damaged egg?

I know that this post is pointless, because it's really too late for me to do anything....but here I go anyway.

I went to get an egg from the fridge to fry this evening and picked one up with a dent. I assessed it, saw that it wasn't leaking and that the membrane was still intact. I then cracked it, smelled it, looked at it and concluded that it seemed like a perfectly normal egg. I fried it sunny side up and proceeded to eat it without a care in the world. I then stupidly decided to quickly google the matter to see if it was in fact safe....and you know what?? Apparently it REALLY isn't.

Gahhh....major stress now as I wait to see if I get salmonella or some other horrible illness. The expiry date on the eggs is the 26th March which means they would have been laid on the 5th March...so still pretty fresh. This doesn't stop me panicking though. What do you guys think my chances are??

Default Re: Damaged egg?

I hate when I do that! Google is my enemy. I am sure you will be fine.

Arg! Google is terrible..all the worst case secenarios! You'll see when you are perfectly fine.

Thanks guys! I'm feeling slightly more positive...especially seeing as my Mum told me Grandma used to buy cheap boxes of cracked eggs for baking. Not sure I'd go that far....but it's reassuring!

Did the same recently with googling eggs and totally freaked myself out! Defi think you'll be fine - kyphie's right it is all worst case scenarios with google and I know if I took everything to heart I wouldn't eat or cook anything and would probably not leave the house! Had an egg related panic myself today (was completely ridiculous!) Got freaked out cos I made omlette on an aga for the first time and it turned out a bit different from how they do on a normal cooker. Was actually just really overcooked but have still been stressing about it!