Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question I would like some anxiety advice please

So for the past few weeks I've been feeling just off during the day and sometimes during the night.
    Recently (about a week ago) I started becoming really rubbish at staying asleep! I've been waking up almost every night randomly at around 3am - 4am , and then I'll either have a panic attack or I'll just fall asleep an hour later. But the point is I'm sick of knowing it'll happen now.
    My anxiety has peaked and I'm panicking over everything. I'm only 18 and it's starting to really affect me in my social and educational life
    i don't take any antiemetics yet but I would like to know what type of antiemetics there are available in the UK?
    Thanks

Default Re: I would like some anxiety advice please

I used to wake up at that same time too ! It's weird... But you need some distractions right by your bedside to accompany you when you wake up. I would not take anti-emetics unless it is a COMPLETE emergency like an actual sv because you do not want that mental clutch of the meds.
    The past is only the future with the lights on;
    quit crying your eyes out, & baby come on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: I would like some anxiety advice please

Quote Originally Posted by heydani View Post
    I used to wake up at that same time too ! It's weird... But you need some distractions right by your bedside to accompany you when you wake up. I would not take anti-emetics unless it is a COMPLETE emergency like an actual sv because you do not want that mental clutch of the meds.
    This is very important and very true. You don't want to take those meds unless you absolutely need them. God forbid you become addicted to them in some way, physically or psychologically.

I've had this happen to me too. There were times I would wake up every night and have a panic attack. But eventually I would get better and sleep through the night normally. I think it has to do with stress since this usually happened around stressful events....new job, school starting up, finals, etc. Is there anything big going on right now?