Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I can't believe it. Petrified.

Here was me getting excited about it being Spring and guess what?

Someone at work has a stomach bug.

He came into work yesterday and went home Ill, which means he would have been contagious yesterday.

I don't know what to do. It's too real and too close. My v* anniversary has only just passed so I'm really on edge. It doesn't help that I have stomach aches from my period and other people have been off ill. Please help, I'm devastated.

Default Re: I can't believe it. Petrified.

I'm sorry your coworker is ill! I know what you mean about the v* anniversary, mine is Sunday and its making me a bit nervous. But we have to remember that just because we got sick on a particular day doesn't mean we will again on that same day!

Try and keep calm and distracted from it. You are very careful with your hygiene. I don't know how closely you work with him, but if he's not hovering over your desk it would probably be hard for you to catch it.

Stay strong!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thank you for your response spilled-milk. I'm sorry your anniversary is really soon.

I dont work closely to him but in the same office. It may not have worried me as much if he hadn't gone home ill yesterday. But because he was probably showing symptoms that really worries me. I just feel so doomed.

Thank you for responding though I wa worried no one was going to xx

God it's everywhere! Just seen lots of posts on facebook about it! God I can't do this

It really is everywhere isn't it? I was working the other day, in a very confined place with my friend who ran out to v* and continued so throughout the night. Its funny it didnt seem to bother her, just carried on working- if that was me i'd of ran far away, like last week i kept feeling it and had to run out of work and go home. Terrified I am going to catch this, its likely I will I suppose as I was there, I just wish there was something I could do!

It isnt spring yet, its only march. Im not in a so called safe zone until june when schools out. But noro should start peeking soon.

I had a coworker come down with it last thursday. Just keep washing your hands....

fixxer, it should start peeking soon? I thought we were done with the peek!

Oh dear this had turned into quite a panic post for a Lot of us Out of all of you who have known people to have it recently- have you escaped it? Did it spread? I also though it had peaked. I thought it was around valentines day here but maybe I was wrong?

I have almost hit the 72 hour mark (tonight at midnight) and I am fine. I have a huge anxiety problem right now and I can't eat, but other than that, I am fine!!

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    It isnt spring yet, its only march. Im not in a so called safe zone until june when schools out. But noro should start peeking soon.
    It peeked her in Pennsylvania in Feb. Almost everyone had it. Schools were closed down from outbreaks, etc. It was bad in February. So the thought of that only being the BEGINNING......*chills*. lol. That's a scary thought.

And yeah, even during the Easter season I'm on edge. I don't become worry free till about May when the warm weather is here <3

As for the whole anniversary thing, I do the exact same thing. I freak myself out when the anniversary since I last v*ed comes up. Which, by the way, is February 13th. On a tuesday. It's almost seems sad that I actually remember that.