Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Partner very neaseas, not sure what to do

I was having trouble sleeping, kept waking up, i think because my partner wasn't asleep. About an hour ago he got up again, so I asked what was wrong... he told me he was very neaseas. I doubt it is something I could have, as he started a new medication tonight.

When he asked for a bucket I vacated the bedroom. I've heard some coughing, but not sure if it was just coughing. I think before the bucket, he v* in the toilet, but not sure, as he doesn't tellme when he does it, (cause of my phobia).

I'm pretty calm, and are tempted to go back in the bedroom, as I know he wants me there for support and comfort.
    I want to be there for him, and I am pretty calm. I'm just scared I wont be able to handle if anything happens or has happened. I'm also feeling acidy cause my stomach is empty, which isn't helping.
    It's really frustrating, I want to be there for him, and I just keep wondering what I am scared of. I think I'm scared the listening to it will cause me to do it... cause i know there is nothing to catch. :/ I wish logic worked against phobias.

I don't know what I should do. Maybe I should check on him, but worried he has v* in there. This sucks I'm not even scared and I'm still unable to help him. Though in fairness, I was starting to panic when he told me, which is why I left the room.

Default Re: Partner very neaseas, not sure what to do

if its the noise hun go n look after him if u know its from his new pills and if hes
    s* put ur fingers in ur ears and hum wen hes visished see if hes ok and stay on ur side
    of the bed so u cant see his s* hope hes better

Our 12 hours later, and he is still really n*. No v*, he doesn't think he will. I bought him some "travel calm ginger", the pharmisist said they would work cause they're for nausea. He feels slightly improved and is trying to rest.
    I know ths medication is important, but I don't want him to take it again, even he wasn't sure if he wants to take it again. Maybe if the tablets work well enough, he can take his meds without getting nausea. Here's hoping.

Is this something that can be taken in a smaller dose? I know that my meds made me very n* and I called the doc the next day and they told me to split the dose in half. I did that for two weeks and then got myself up to a full does. Hope he feels better!

I'm not sure. I know it causes drowsiness, which is why it's taken at night. Maybe I should google it. I know they can come in smaller doses, but I assume that is because it is perscribed to children 10-17.

The pharmasist told me to call his doctor if the nausea continues. Not sure if that means continues today, or continues over the next week of taking it, or what :/
    When he wakeups I might ask him about it.

If he feels that it came from his meds, then he needs to talk to the doc and make them get something that will help with it. Ya, it probably will go away with time (I don't know how long he will take this for) but still, no one should have to go through that bad of n* for meds!

I wish both of you the best, Monika_Stix. Hopefully, he will be fine soon. I hope this won't scare you, but this reminds me of when I took a medication called imipramine for attention deficit disorder when I was in the fourth grade. It made me vomit horribly, and it was as if I were a pregnant woman with morning sickness because I only threw up in the morning (although some women have "all day sickness"). Needless to say, it tore my stomach up, and I STILL have problems with nausea and acid reflux even 16 years later.