Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emetophobics and Emetophobics?

I was just thinking about this. Cause I wonder if it would be better to date another Emetophic... which logic says no, i think it would make me worse, I think my habits and their habits would combine, and it would just make the fear so much worse. Plus, in the unfortunant even I v*, I think I would want someone who can sit there with me while I ball my eyes out.

Basically. Is anyone an Emetophobic who is with another Emetophobic? And if you are, has it made life easier or worse? Or how about family members who are also Emetophobic. Did anyone have a parent who had it, or are your children showing symptoms of it.

Default Re: Emetophobics and Emetophobics?

This is a very interesting topic. Personally I have never met another emet in person. So I really can't answer your questions based on experience.....but I can imagine it wouldn't be a very good situation living with another emetophobe. Like you said, we would likely combine our habits and our fears would likely play off of each other. I imagine it would make my emetophobia a lot worse.

Yeah I think I'd probably go batshit insane if I were romantically involved with someone who had this phobia lawl
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    Yeah I think I'd probably go batshit insane if I were romantically involved with someone who had this phobia lawl
    lolllllllll me too, honestly. I can only deal with with one of me. I'm glad that my boyfriends biggest fear is cat fur (not really--he just hates it a lot and I have two cats )

Haha ^^ right? I can't even put up with myself!
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

@DeadxxInside92

You my girl, have THE most amazing sense of humour ever.
    'batshit insane' is the best thing I've read all day, and it explains perfectly what I'd also do if I was to be involved with another emet!!

My mom has emet issues ( tho she hides them quite well) and my oldest daughter who is 12 is starting to show some signs. I guess it would depend on the type of emet they had, meaning how sever and such.
    I am one who like to be left alone during my stressful times an panics and when I'm not feeling well, so if they were like that, then it would work well, having someone who understood. But if they were the type to need company and someone there when they were panicked, then it could definately pose a problem! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by CathyDavies View Post
    @DeadxxInside92

You my girl, have THE most amazing sense of humour ever.
    'batshit insane' is the best thing I've read all day, and it explains perfectly what I'd also do if I was to be involved with another emet!!
    haha I just have a very sarcastic sense of humor but it's nice to know I make people laugh
    My shadow

Lol I'd hate to live with myself...It really wouldn't be that good of an idea, save for the fact that they are the only person that can truly understand what you go through from day to day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well there could be one good thing about two (or more) emets living together: you'd have an extremely clean house. Not a germ in sight. lol

Well... germs aren't really in sight anyways, are they? :P Just joking, I got what you meant!

I was with someone with anxiety issues, that was not easy at all, really hard. I wouldn't recommend it, though we did get to be able to help each other if we weren't anxious at the same time.

The worse combination for me was me (emet) and someone who got sick a lot. That one was hell. I mean, it was a good motivation for me to overcome emet, but eventually, it ended things, ultimately. It sucked.
    Come visit my history blog:

I'm dating someone with anxiety issues. We don't have any real overlapping fears. So we support each other. IMO it's the best relationship I've ever been .
    Life is a wonderful ride.

I'm glad your relationship is going so well. I guess it depends on the person
    Come visit my history blog:

honestly. I wouldn't mind it. My emet had gotten so much better. But for me I think justhow clean everything would be between me and smith emet, it would a relief knowing that we would both be careful and clean. And it would be like a cool little support, instead of waiting around online for reassurance, it would be right there with you. Now if the deed happened that's a whole different story...i would bail out .
    LIVE OUT YOUR DREAM TODAY, BECAUSE TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME.

My boyfriend struggled with mild emet in his past, but he overcame it. In some ways its nice because he does understand, but in other ways I don't like it. While he still gets kinda panicky if he feels sick, it doesn't control his everyday like it does mine. I sometimes worry he thinks i'm weak because I just can't get over it like he did. He's the most understanding of any guy when it comes to my emet, so I'm thankful for it. He's very clean/washes hands/good hygiene.
    I'm not so sure I could date someone who was actively suffering from it though :/ Especially if we had conflicting coping methods. I like to be alone, and what if he liked to be around someone? I couldn't comfort him if he was sick or even felt sick....it just wouldn't work at all. I drive myself crazy enough as it is.
    Last edited by crd08; 03-25-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

“We are the girls with anxiety disorders, filled appointment books, five-year plans. We take ourselves very, very seriously. We are the peacemakers, the do-gooders, the givers, the savers. We are on time, overly prepared, well read, and witty, intellectually curious, always moving. We pride ourselves on getting as little sleep as possible and thrive on self-deprivation. We drink coffee, a lot of it. We are on birth control, Prozac, and multivitamins. We are relentless, judgmental with ourselves, and forgiving to others. We never want to be as passive-aggressive as our mothers, never want to marry men as uninspired as our fathers. We are the daughters of the feminists who said, “You can be anything,” and we heard, “You have to be everything.”

Lmao so true

Lmao so true,thats for the not a germ in sight comment from phoenyx

Yep, pretty sure I would develop a whole set of new emet habits if I had someone else's anxiety to feed off as well as my own. I try to downplay my emet crazies at home so I don't drive my fiance up the wall. Weirdly, I am afraid of v* and he can't v*!