Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation I need help! I'm losing my mind!!

I need so much help...I'm losing me freaking mind. For the passed 3 months, all I've done is make myself sick with worry over getting the s.v. I can't enjoy any aspect of my life at all! I have a baby that was born in October and my boyfriend has no idea what to tell me or do for me anymore. I feel like I've lost my mind. Everyday, I come up with a new symptom, no matter how small, that makes me freak out. Like for the last 3 days I've had a headache. A minor headache that might be from me not wearing my glasses but I haven't been wearing my glasses for years so why would it start now? My stomach is sensitive to dairy products and I have acid reflux. I get stomach aches all the time and they never bothered me until a couple months ago. I can't stop worrying about getting the S.V. What can I do? My paranoia is ruining my life!! Please please PLEASE help

Default Re: I need help! I'm losing my mind!!

Try to take a breather....I know this easier said that done. But try to find something, anything, to distract your mind. Watch t.v., sing, take a bike ride....whatever it is that you may enjoy. And keep washing your hands. If you do this I'm sure you will be fine.

As for the feeling like you've gone crazy, you're not alone. This site is full of people who do the exact same thing. I have done the same things in the past (every little symptom means sv*). But more than likely you're going to be fine because of the fact that you're so cautious.

May I ask if you have any form of therapy or medication? My emet was always at it's lowest when I was in talk therapy and taking Zoloft (still taking). I would suggest possibly going to someone to talk to. Especially when you have other life stressors like a job, a new kid, relationship, etc.

I don't have any therapy at all. I haven't gone yet because I'm sure the cost is more than I want to spare but honestly I don't know what to do anymore. It's the first thing I think of when I wake up and it affects my mood and physical wellness all day long. Like today was a good day until someone told me about how they just had the s.v. and it was hoooorrible and its going around bla bla bla....yeah that set me off. But not a lot of people at work know that I have emetophobia. I suppose looking into therapy would be helpful. Thank you

Aww. It saddens me to hear you in such despair. I have been there... many many times. I am faced with a sv right now because my daughter had it last night. BUT I used to be a worrier like you are. I used to be on this site all the time... because it is really great support.

Therapy is something that you really should check into. Do you have any type of health insurance?

Distraction does work wonders. I need to do that today myself. I am sitting here feeling doomed that this is not over. (I have small children, and posted last night freaking out)

I am worried and anxious just like you. I am going to clean... LOL. I am hoping that will distract me a little. I was off from work yesterday and am off today... and it has been awful. I am working the whole weekend and actually can't wait so I can get my mind off of what is going on.

Is there anything you can distract yourself with?