Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Small Bowel MRI needed, really anxious..

I have been told I need to have a Small Bowel MRI to see if I have a problem. They told me I would have to drink 1.5 litres of warm milky stuff in 1 hour. Then they would put a dye into my vein & also a shot of Buscapan. I am scared that this will make me v* and get d* so I won't have it done. Has anyone else had this done & how was it? An I worrying about nothing? Would appreciate your views.

Default Re: Small Bowel MRI needed, really anxious..

I have never had one done, but maybe you could tell your doctor your fear and they could hook you up with anti-emetic meds and help you? Good luck!

Its pretty awful. I thought that stuff tasted awful but my boyfriend tasted it and didn't think it was that bad. It's sort of sweet and watery. It's probably not that bad but I'm really sensitive to taste.

Big question is did it make you v* or feel like you were going to?

No not really it was just gross. But they didn't warn me about it. It was awful. They just told me not to eat 4-6 hours before, and I showed up and it was this huge process. I don't want to freak you out. Some people don't mind the taste at all. I did have d* when I got home though but it was probably because I was so anxious.