Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: i am new

i am 22 and have been struggling with this since the 3rd grade. i had a bad night last night and decided to look up emetophobia. i am amazed to see how many people are going through exactly what i am. and it really does help to read about it. i have a fever and a bad headache and stiff neck. was up most of the night totally freaking out that i was going to v*. i made it through the night and had to go to work. i still feel horrible, but i think i have passed the stage of possibly being sick like that. at least that is what helps me calm down. try to rationalize something like that. mind over matter or something along those lines. i think i realized that i wasemetophobic over last summer. i lost 25 pounds by basically not eating for a few months. i was terrified every day that i was going to be sick. totally irrational. it started to interfere with work and stuff. i would be in the restroom for over an hour at a time just panicking, when really i was okay when i finally calmed myself down. i seem to go through ups and downs struggling with this. i just wish i wasn't so freaked out all of the time. it's hard to tell if i am actually nauseous or am only making myself feel that way. thank you for listening to whomever decided to read this.

Welcome! There is some great people on the site and lots of support!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hi Candi, and welcome to the site. You came to the right place to get great support for this awful fear!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Yes, you are definitely in the right place!! WELCOME!!

Welcome to this site where what you just described about yourself sounds exactly like something we would write about ourselves!!!

I like to believe that everyone here are amazing people who are here to help you and me and be helped by you and me.

So welcome again!

And I hope this site helps you like it does for me!

welcome to our family..

i can really relate to what u say - as i'm sure many people can!

Jen xxx
    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn\'t be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn\'t know that so it goes on flying anyway.

AIM:X20Jenneh02x
    MSN:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome to the site. I totally feel you on what you are saying. I've had lots of ups and downs. If you ever need someone to talk to just post your AIM or MSN name. We're all awesome people, equally =)
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

thank all of you very much. it is really great to read your responses. i did have the flu, a fever for 5 days. but i didn't get sick. thank goodness! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]