Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Advice needed for tonight please!

Tonight im off out to a swanky hotel for a formal dinner (can you hear those anxiety bells ringing already?!) and I have a few worries...

Firstly it's a set menu. Most of it is fine but the starter I'm seriously worried. There is a choice of several things but because I worry about meat plus I'm lactose intolerant the only option (if this is one) is the salmon. Thing is, I find the thought of fish scary and never eat it out! What should I do?

Secondly - I'm worried about Noro. Of course there's gonna be lots of people in close proximity, which frightens me. What if I'm sick in front of everyone, or get diarrhoea?

Thirdly- what about if the food is contaminated? Most of the food is cooked, but what about leaves and stuff with the starter?

Oh dear I'm so scared

Default Re: Advice needed for tonight please!

Well, try to eat something at home and when you get there eat only food that is coocked, and just say you are not that hungry. :/

Don't you think this is a pretty good solution?

About the second thing, with beeing sick in front of everyone, well. Nobody gets sick right away, you first feel a bit of n* so if you do just go outside take some fresh air, maybe take a pill to stop the n* and calm yourself. Maybe if you are going with some friends or someone who know's about your phobia you can talk to them if you get scared.

(:

Default Re: Advice needed for tonight please!

Unfortunately it's not the sort of situation I can just skip.
    It's very formal and a sit down, set menu.

I'm now in the car with my fiancé on the way there. God I dont know what to do!