Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Nothing seems to affect me like emet!!

Got woken up at 4.30 this morning by what I think may have been someone trying to break into my house . Thankfully the noise woke me and my daughter (she is 20) and I rushed downstairs to check everything was secure etc. This is my point - yes my adreneline was pumping at the time and my heart was racing but I was able to go back to bed and fall asleep within 20 mins of the initial disturbance. This led me to look back at things and realise that in almost every aspect of life I cope with things head on, without panic or worry. Yet feeling n* or anything v* related sends me into a frenzy. Whether its myself or others I just absolutely cannot handle it. Another example of this was when my daughter was about a year old I returned to work part time in my aunties shop. One day I was there alone when I got held up at knifepoint. I was so laid back about it I didnt freak out or even give in to his demands, I just stood firm and eventually he run off empty handed! How ridiculous am I that being confronted with a knife or a possible home invasion didnt affect me and yet emet brings me to my knees. Anyone else find themselves reacting like this?

Default Re: Nothing seems to affect me like emet!!

i woke up one morning at 3 am to find a guy standing at the foot of my bed.....thank god, my bf was there with me...the guy just turned and ran away........it scared me ALOT......but now after reading your post i totally agree with you......i had almost forgotten about that incident....but never seemed to forget sick days and all their details and dates.......very interesting......i have to agree with you
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I am with u on this, I can seem to cope with everything in life, not a lot phases me, accept when I comes to this phobia, I just can't function! It's like all my normal reasoning, and reactions just go out the window and I just panic! I can't think straight, my body reacts without me being able to control it, my mind races with thoughts, it's total panic. I completely understand
    How people feel when people write how they just want to run away, accept you can't run cause your totally trapped in your own mind. I wish I could take some control over it, and get a "Normal" perspective / reaction on it. Does anyone else feel this strongly?? It's just ruining and running my life

I agree with all of you!!! I have been through so many things in my life that you would think would cause me to stop in dead in my tracks (like when someone gets sick infront of me or when I am stricken with fear of me getting sick) but I am normally cool as a cucumber! Even my friends are surprise I didn't "turn and run" but dealt with it head on. It doesn't even faze me! But, like this week with dealing with my hubby having the sv, I have been a wreck and can't even eat!!! ARRG! It is running my life!

I totally agree! We had a crazy lady on drugs break into our house at three am and all I could think about was "What if I v*?" the lady hardly scared me, I was actually more concerned with v* at that moment. But later it scared me lol when I thought what could have happened.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.