Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: petrified :(

Default petrified :(

i'm sorry to panic post again, but i feel beside myself with worry.

just come out of the loo with d*. my heart is racing and i feel n* as there are plenty of ways i could be ill.

firstly, there was a bug that went round a few people at work. it's now sunday where i am, and i was last at work friday so maybe i have something from there.

secondly, i went out for a very formal dinner last night. i tried to pick everything off of the menu that was cooked (i.e. not salads and stuff) but i had to have a melon starter and people were bound to have touched my food for that.

thirdly, i found out this morning that one person who was at this dinner has had a 'gippy tummy' since thursday. marvellous.

finally, i've eaten VERY bad this weekend. i'm so tired there's not words to describe how i feel. my cat fractured her hip in the week and my other half and i have been in and out of the vets and up at all hours giving her pain relief, and i'm so worried about her. PLUS we're meant to be going to london for a two night stay later in the week. i can't cope with this.

i've taken a phenergan but feel like i can't even move.

Default Re: petrified :(

Did you feel yucky before you went to the bathroom? Remember, just because you had some d* doesn't mean you are going to get sick. I think with all the stress that has happened this week, I don't blame you being off. Deep breaths!!!

I did have a bit of a tummy ache, but nothing terrible. Then just had the urge to go quite quickly, but I do get that with my IBS. I had literally just finished my tea. I've not been to the loo anymore (been about an hour) but I feel n* still. Thank you for replying x

If it was nothing terrible, then probably isn't anything other than IBS and nerves. If you get this with your IBS, then probably just that!!

Yes I hope you're right xx

Sounds like probable IBS as stress does seem to trigger it for you I think if I remember correctly? I hope you feel much better by now. It's so, so frustrating that it's not 'gone away' yet, I know xxx

Hey cinque - yes stress is a trigger. I'm lucky I didn't have any more d* last night but it's like you say- I'm upset at the fact it's not gone yet. I just want to have a normal life meant to be going to London for a 2 night stay later this week but just freaked about it! Xx

Oh no - n* is back tonight, along with tummy aches. The n* almost makes me feel a tiny bit gaggy (HATE that word - sorry for any triggers) and I don't normally get like that. I'm going to London later this week and need to be okay, I need this break so badly.

I think it is all anxiety related love. I think you have stressed and worried so much about this it is coming out in n*. Deep breaths. I hope you are feeling better soon!