Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Terrified, was sick in my mouth

I hate that i'm posting another panic post within a few days of my last one but its the only thing i can think of which might calm me down right now

I went to bed nauseous and my stomach has been making horrific sounds. Put it down to the fact that I stayed up late scoffing cake with my housemate which seemed like a great idea at the time but now I feel horredous. I was lying down in bed hating life listening to my stmoach and quietly freaking out and suddenly i went to burp and was sick in my mouth. It was awful, so hot and the taste! oh my god literally don't know what to do with myself

the last time i was sick i was up all night with a really loud uncomfortable stomach just like now. i keep thinking back to last time when i was sick at 5am and was in bed feeling ill the whole time til then and somehow i didnt panic up until i knew for sure it was coming. i just wanna be like that again cos right now i'm beside myself and shaking so much and scared. i know its so pathetic but i just wish i was at home cos then i known that if im sick my mum will come out and look after me.

i just dont know how im gonna sleep now. i took my temperature and had a tiny sip of water but it took me so long to work up the courage to move. i feel like i need to burp but scared it'll be sick!!! Hoping it was just because i was lying down...i feel that oculd happen???

Default Re: Terrified, was sick in my mouth

Trust me it wasn't real vomit.. vomiting is forceful, and it keeps coming with force what you expirienced sounds like reflux to me especially since you were laying down this has happened to me so many times, I really thing you're okay. x

It sounds like reflux....

Yeah I agree with the others. You definitely did not vomit. **GRAPHIC**Vomiting is even defined as forceful expulsion of the contents of the stomach through the mouth (sorry if that def was too graphic for some) It just sounds like acid reflux...not to worry
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Yes, you were not sick in your mouth. You did not vomit. Not even a little. Not even if you'd spit some out. Be well. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah, that sounds like reflux not v*. It happened to me once, 2-3 years ago when I leaned over to get something from the ground. It felt really weird and so unpleasant but that wasn't v*.

Try not to eat before you go to bed. I usually eat dinner around 6 PM then, I usually eat some fruits or yogurt, but never solid food before I go to sleep.

Hey thanks for the responses. Yeah I know it wasn't vomit, i've had it happen plenty of times before it's just cos I was feeling sick as it was so it freaked me right out. Entered panic mode. I think these panics have been due as I had been doing so well since the end of jan!

Definitely understandable. Make sure you prop yourself up for several hours after eating. Lying down is a big trigger for acid reflux. I actually can't sleep at night uninterrupted without my head propped up on a few pillows.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

You just had a vurp....I've done thatv before when I've eaten and laid down too soon i agree with dead. Prop yourself up with pillows

LMAO a vurp. Bahahahhaa I love that term. Sorry. That made me actually laugh out loud, I will adopt that term.

I feel the same way when i vurp, Lol. when I was pregnant with my second child,, there were foods I had to learn not to eat, as well as drinks not to drink. Look-aid was my enemy! The first time I took a glass to bed with me, I laid down after taking a drink and reflux happened. It is very scary for us, and when it happens and we enter panic mode, its difficult to explain to the brain its nothing...I agree with all of these posts...sitting up for awhile until you are comfortable enough to be back in a laying position helps tremendously! Try and just close your eyes...morning will come soon