Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default help bug in house

i was at home friday late afternoon for around an hr then drove to my partners.i came hme tonite and my dad told me he was s* saturday afternoon and he got it of someone who didnt show symptoms untill after he had contact..and my mum felt s* today but not v* i then came home tonite at 9pm and they was inbed.i came in had gloves on bleached everything down to toilet chain.ive been wearing gloves wen i go down stairs as i know my rooms safe as ive not been here.am i safe? have i killed the virus aslong as my parents dont v or d.i here it stays wiv them from 5 to 10 days.am i safe cos i wasnt here all weekend and didnt breath in v. ive even put my tooth brush in whisky..help ples

Default Re: help bug in house

Yes all that bleaching will keep you safe. If they shed the virus it will only be when they go to the toilet so them washing their hands, just as normal, will stop it spreading. Use a different handtowel from them if it makes you feel safer. Was your toothbrush in the bathroom, uncovered? I'd probably put it in a mug of boiling water for five minutes, rather than whisky, but chances are neither is necessary. I think in your position I'd be tempted to prepare my own food for a couple of days; keep your dad out of the kitchen for 48 hours if you can. You will be okay xxx

My husband had the sv* a aweek ago and we only have one bathroom and I never got it. Just keep washing your hand and good job on bleaching!!!!! Good luck!!

thank u both of u.im so frightend.i hate this phobia.i had a dream i got it thank you both.i hope i am safe.if not there was nothing else i cud av done...

It really sucks that there is this stupid waiting period. that is what killed me the most...the "what if" thinking. Keep your chin up. You should be fine!

I agree JelluBN83 for me also if is the "what if" thinking and the when having only really noticed my phobia in the last 12 months i hate the up and down of it one day i cam be fine (well as you can be) then like today been on FB page and one or two of my friends have posted re being unwell and thats me again back in panic and when for me

yer i hate the waiting came.and ppl shouting they avbeen ill on fb.why wud u want ppl to know..my mum said shes better but shed in bed.im worrid now.but shes always said dont lie..

The what if period is the worst!! You feel in a constant state of panic.

Harmony, you should be okay especially the precautions you took!!!

The fact that you bleached things greatly reduces your chances of getting it. Just keep your hands clean, prepare you own food for the next few days, etc. And if it makes you feel better, try and stay in the "safe" rooms as much as possible, or go out for a while. The fresh air should help take your mind off of things.

I'm sure you'll be fine Just try to distract yourself from it. Hope your mom is feeling ok.

i saw this title and i was all OMG I SO FEEL FOR YOU I HATE BUGS lol i thought you were talking about beatle bugs kind of bugs :P
    i'm sorry about the bug in your house. its so stressful not knowing if you're going to get sick or not... how are things now? i'm guessing you didn't get sick? hope things went well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi katherins6

I know its horrid and i was so shocked..there hasnt been one in here for over 15 years because we are all adults..My dad cought it of a guy at work and then he gae it to my mum only hrs after he started v*ting..i was at my partners but had to come home sunday..the day my mum still felt s*
    I was going crazy more than normal because say if it was my neice id avoid going round but in my own house :/ i had the offer to stay with some other people but my therapist said i had to do it if something like this happend..so i came home and faced it.. and yes touch wood i havent got it..its been 5 days now since someone last felt ill,..But i live in a small town and its going around..so when im going to the shop im useing my hand anti back gel everywhere i go..i was doing so well with my treatment and started touching door handles and not useing anti back..but cos the bugs hanging around the town im thinking if i can stop myself then i will..im not going to go and ask for it to attack me..im gonna avoid it if i can like someone who would if they didnt have emet..I think im in the clear now..the house was bleached twice over the weekend and i bleached it again tue.. its worrying because my folks could bring it back into the house via the shops or work and not even know..and cos they have had it they wont know..but its going around my dads work and town..so for the nxt few weeks im still gonna have to not realy touch the door handles..do you understand what i mean?

i definately understand what you mean, when someones sick around me i put my sleeves over my hands to touch anything for about a month after theyve been sick. but the fact that you bleached the house is a good thing to keep you from getting sick so i dont think you'll get it. everyone was sick before so now all the germs that they left behind are dead. just to be safe have your parents wash their hands really well when they get home, or if theyd be okay with this, ask them if they could take their showers after work instead of in the morning or something. then you'd know everything was gone because they'd be completely clean... no hidden germs on the elbows or anything to worry about i really think you will be fine if they're careful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I do the sleeves alswell..mainly when im out my house.. Im glad im not alone
    Thank you i do hope they are now dead and gone for now..Ive read its in peoples stools for up to 2 weeks after but that cant be true..part of me thinks its a myth because i know some people do not always wash there hands after the toilet and touch wood i have never got ill 2 weeks later..if you get it its normaly with in days not weeks..

I will ask if they can but i know my mum will but my dad may not be so willing

Thank you..im suffering from a off belly tonite..i often do..i cant work out if its tea or food making it do this..i dont think i have ibs cos my stools are never loose then hard..its just the tense hardness bubberly feeling in my stomach..i wish it would go away.. i cant work out if its just related to the phobia..ive not gone to the docs because all they will say is ibs or tell me to go away and keep an eye on what im eating which i already do..i hope you are ok