Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I just need to vent, I hope no one minds .................. My new sister in law (you all know the one ...........) is getting on my nerves. Today we went to a big family reunion. (Hubbys family) My newest sis in law was there, and all their children. First, they all rode in the same vehicle. EIGHT people in a four door Pontiac Grand Am. Ok, and it wasnt like they just rode around the block to my ma in laws house ............. its about a 20 min drive from where we live. THEN .............. just guess what happened on their way to the reunion?Her little boy (the one that barfed at my house that day) barfed on the way to the reunion!!!! Did she go home with him, NO!!!!!!!!! Luckily she had a change of clothes with her. I dont put it past her to have brought him in wearing his pukie clothes. So I am not even at this reunion five minutes and I am freaking out. I asked her if he was ok, and she said that he had eaten a ton of candy this AM at her parents house, and that is what caused him to barf. He did eat lunch and was playing and eating fine, so I assume that it really was the candy that did it. My son has gotten sick from eating too much candy. She seems to like to kinda flirt with my hubby too. Which ticks me off. My hubby and I were already in line to fix our plates and she jumps ahead of me, so that she is right beside my hubby. Maybe this is nothing, but she just irritates me!! I guess that wouldnt irritate me as bad if she hadnt tried to go around me twice and get to my hubby to go and get my sick nephew at school last week.

This girl just really bugs the you know what out of me, and the sad thing is, she is a step up from my BIL's first wife. Atleast my BIL's first wife didnt bring her puking kids to family functions, or ask me to go and get them at school!!

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.
    Edited by: jennyleigh1975

UGH! What a selfish, noncaring, B****!

So her son wasnt sick? Thats good.

Doesnt look like his was sick with anything contagious, Im sure I will see/or hear from her later today though. Ughhh!!!!

I have a sil like that. A step up from his ex-wife but a step down from an amoeba!

Oh dear, the flirting sister in law. I like my husband's brother and all, and other women find him attractive, but since he's Greg;s brother, he's like MY own brother, never would I flirt with him!! Yuck. I just let him find his own women!!

That is how I feel about my BIL's. I love them, but like my own brothers. And believe me, I got the "pick of the litter" I wouldnt even like my hubbys brothers in that way if I was single. This girl just seems to feel like shes got to be center of attention, especially with the men. Did I mention that my BIL is her third hubby, and the two children she has, she was never married to their fathers. I dont know what my BIL sees in her, but I guess we will just have to try to be accepting. Edited by: jennyleigh1975

I could go on and on about sister-in-laws! I have 2 of them. The one that is married to my brother is wonderful. In fact, we are closer than my sister and I. But, my husband's sister, on the other hand is not so great. She loves to be the center of attention and finds some way of doing so at every family gathering. She is very jealous of the relationship me and my husband have. I think she and his mother were used to being the only females in his life and they have had a hard time accepting that he has another female in his life now. Fortunately, she lives about 3 1/2 hours away so I only have to put up with her a few times per year! Neither one of us have children yet and I'm wondering what it will be like when we do. I'm sure she will find a way for her child(ren) to get all of the attention just like her!

Jess

Oh my this could be made into a televison movie! I have 1 BIL and 1 SIL and I must say my family is pretty normal. Well with my SIL she drives me a little nutty, she is one those people who just makes you want to vomit at times. So sorry you have to go through all of this Leigh! Other than this crap how was it?

Other than my SIL, the family reunion was great. They left early too, so that helped, lol!!

Jess, my other sis in law has the children that get the most attention, well, the most from my ma in law. My hubbys parents were married to other people before each other. She had a daughter, he had my hubby and his two brothers. My husband and I were the first ones to have a child, well, she was very attentive to us and our daughter, until 4 yrs later when her daughter had a baby. Dont get me wrong, she does for all the grandchildren, there are 15 now all togther, but you can still see that she favors her four biological grandchildren a little more than she does the others.

I wish my sister in laws would move, lol!!!!!!!!!!

i have a really nice SIL although shes a little dim you could say. We are not actually related, shes my boyfreinds halfsister, but iv been with my bf for 3 years, she calls me her sis in law, her son calls me auntie etc.**graphic** I went to hers for dinner a while ago and she sat next to me, with her baby over her shoulder, hanging over me. The baby was v* down her arm and she carried on eating her dinner! when she finally cleaned it up, she wiped with a tissue and put on the table between mine and hers plate and she carried on eating! she actually knows about my phobia too!! i know she didnt do it on purpose, shes just not incredibly intelligent you could say :P

These stories are beginning to sound like Jerry Springer Trailer
    Trash. You really have to distance yourself from their crap and
    try to stay away from getting sucked into their dramas. I know it
    seems difficult because they are "family," but you need to for the sake
    of your family and the message that you want to send to your children.

Stella

Stella you make me laugh, you really do and it is always at the right time when I need that chuckle. Thanks Stella you are one in a million!!!!

Believe, I want to move, but getting hubby to do so is a different story. This is his land that he worked hard for and he hates to sell it and move. Atleast all this "trailer trash" lives across the main hwy on the other dirt road, we are on the good side, lol!! My childen are going back to private school next year, all three will be old enough to attend, I will even be working at the school some and subsitute teaching at the public school some. So, we will be away from all the drama here, and associating with more people other than them. (And I will no longer be avaliable to go and pick up sick children from school, or other assorted errands I get asked to do, just because I am a stay at home mom.) If you were to meet my husband and then meet him family, you would be like WT*? How is he ever realted to them, its unreal around here sometimes, I could seriously write a book on all that goes on with hubbys family sometimes.