Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default why do only humans get sv`s

You might think that this is a silly question, but I`ve often wondered why only humans get noro & other v bugs, because I`ve never come across reports of pets catching things of this sort.

Default Re: why do only humans get sv`s

I thought animals could catch things like sv*? I'm not a medical student or vet....but I do remember my dog catching a bug before. She got the dry nose, the v* and d*....it may not have been noro, but maybe animals have their own viruses that affect them?

I remember when I got my black lab puppy. I took him home to foster for thrree days, before that he'd been living with his littler of 7 other puppies. While I was fostering him he came down with *v and *d and seemed miserable. I took him to the vet and he was given an injection of an anti emetic and we were sent home with instructions to return if it didn't clear up. A day or so later I went back to the spca to formally adopt him and the people working there mentioned that all of the other puppies from the litter had been sick with *v and *d the previous day. No one ever told me it was a virus..but my dog improved after a couple days and has been fine ever since. Sure sounds like the puppy version of a *sv to me!

My dog had something similar too when he was little. He couldn't keep anything down, not water or plain rice or anything. So I took him to the vet and he had a fever, so they dosed him up and I had to feed him a teaspoon of rice at a time. He was back to normal in a couple of days. If he eats something that disagrees then once he's brought it back up, he's back to normal again. So this one when he was little wasn't due to something he ate, besides he was feverish which you don't get with Fp.

My dogs have both had some kind of stomach virus kind of thing. They were vomiting for a few days, so I took them to the vet and he told me almost the same as Rebecca85's. I gave them tiny portions every hour and after a while they were better.
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Judging by the massive sh*t puddles my boyfriend's dog left on the kitchen floor last night, they get some kind of gastro viruses! She never ever eats anything but her kibble and occasional dog treats (both of which we buy in massive quantities) so I don't think it could be from something she ate.

Also, I don't know where the idea came from that you don't have a fever with fp*, but with many, if not most types, you do! If anything, you're more likely to have a fever with something like salmonella or e. coli infection than a stomach virus. Norovirus can cause a low grade fever, but it often doesn't cause any fever at all, while many types of bacterial infections (fp) can cause a high fever.

i think dogs can get their own types of sv*. my poor baby was just sick with one two days ago & the vet said she had a gastro bug. she got an anti-emetic shot & was on a bland diet. she's finally just coming around today!