Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hi! i was just wondering if you sing and play guitar? do you perform?

Hi!

Yes, I sing and play guitar and occasionally perform! I am a music teacher by profession, though! Why, do you?

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

yes, i do. i just wanted to know if this phobia affects performing. it seems to affect mine (so does low self-esteem and perfectionism, though, lol)

Actually, the phobia doesn't really affect my performing. I usually foregt about it if I am singing and playing. I do have low self-esteem, though and never believe anyone when they say I am good! It's frustrating because I feel like I can never have a true idea of how I really sound. What kind of stuff do you play?

i write stuff, but have a tough time getting the courage to share that with anyone. the covers i do are heart, fleetwood mac, janis joplin, that kind of stuff. as far as the emet goes, it's easier to stand in FRONT of the crowd than IN it. but i still get horrible stage fright and have low confidence in my abilities. also, as far as taking singing further than just a few local gigs here and there, my low self esteem and fear that emet might affect how responsible & reliable i am has made it difficult to want to go anywhere with music. i love it, people say i'm good at it, but i'm convinced i'll fail.

That's a shame. I hope you can work through that. Where do you live? I'd love to get together and jam!

Mary

i live in NE PA

Oh, well, I'm in Chicago! Good luck with your music, though! If you ever want to chat, I have AIM, MSN and Yahoo!

Mary