Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello everyone, I haven't been around here for a while, but I'm wondering if anything like this has happened to anyone before.

Anyways, earlythis morning I got up, and went downstairs with my blanket over my head (because I was being lazy and insisted that I bring downstairs about half of my bed). Since I had my head covered up, I accidently missed the bottom step. Nothing out of the ordinary for clumsy me, though. Anyways, I got the normal feeling of surprise when you do something like that, but went into the kitchen and started spreading some creme cheese and butter onto the bagel I'd left out for myself a bit earlier.

The weird thing was, the feeling of surprise didn't go away, and it slowly intensified, it wasn't exactly panic, but it was as if someone had just told me a friend had died. The feeling of shock was what I felt. I suddenly felt a bit dizzy, and everything was going all black. Then I began to feel really sick. By the time I was nearly finished buttering the second half of my bagel, I ran out of the kitchen into the living room (and managed to knock over a vase of dried up flowers on my way, because I couldn't really see well and was bumping into things) I fell over onto the sofa, still awake and everything, but I was sweating like crazy, and felt extremely sick. I couldn't believe that I'd really get sick, because just a minute before I'd been quite hungry. So I layed there for about two minutes at most, and it just sort of passed. After that, I got up and ate my bagel.

So, has anyone had anything like this happen to you before? I wouldn't exactly call it a panic attack... But I don't know. I wasn't panicking about getting sick until I started feeling really sick, but that was rather late in the whole event.
    -Anna

Sounds like you were just about to faint. I've faintedtwo times and that's exactly how I felt right before. Once I woke up and everything I felt fine. I don't think you were going to v*, I think you almost fainted.

it almost sounds like a vaso vegal (sp) responce... Have you ever had that happen before. something about blood rushing from one part of your body so fast that it gives you these awful symtoms.

Its happened to me twice before, once when i was writing an exam and another when i was at work picking up a pay check. both times I felt like iwas going to die. sweat was pouring down my body and i was freezing cold, pale as a ghost, couldnt even hold my head up, and as nauseous as Ive ever felt, and it passes as quickly as it comes on. Its also happened when i get needles but I can expect it then and prepare myself. Its the worst feeling ever.

its kind of scarey.. hopefully one day Ill find out more about this.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I don't think this has happened before. Though, I have had headrushes, you know, when you stand up quickly and everything goes blackish for a few seconds, and you usually grab onto something, but it doesn't last more than about five or ten seconds, and you don't feel bad during or after it happens.

But yeah, I don't know why missing a step started the whole thing. As I kept on feeling more and more shocked, I kept on telling myself"You missed a step, get over it."

It was just very odd. It came on fast, and I felt perfectly fine about three minutes after it started, but in between I felt completely terrible.
    -Anna

Its sounds like you just scared the sh** out of your self. I have gotten that feeling, when I almost got into a car accident. Your palms start sweating, heart is beating fast, you feel faint, can't catch your breath and you start shaking. It sounds like you just scared yourself to me. I wouldn't worry about it. Hope you are feeling better.

Yeah, that's probably it. But I don't know why it'd scare me a lot, though, since I trip and fall at least once per day. And also, it wasn't bad at first, it just slowly got worse and worse, and then disappeared as quickly as it'd come on.
    -Anna

Did you arise quickly when getting out of bed? Alot of times if you get up too quickly, your blood pressure can drop, thus making you feel the way you did. It can also be what Babydoll said, a vasovagal repsonse. It can make you feel that you are about to faint. This happens to me quite often when I am sick (upper respiratory type stuff). If I have taken my cough syrup with Vicodin in it and arise too quickly the next morning, I will suddenly feel lightheaded and nauseous and begin to get spots in my eyes like I am fixing to black out. Usually, lying down helps and I am better in just a few minutes. Did you happen to take any medicines before bed?

It is a scary thing when it happens because you feel like you are either going to fall out or *v*, but the next time you feel it coming on, just lie down as quickly as possible and it should pass. It has happened to me several times while in the shower and I will actually have to get out and lay on the floor!

Jess

Definately sounds like you were about to faint... has happened to me
    loads of times and when I have just gotten up too!!! Normally my
    tongue and face feel kind of prickly and I know that's a sure sign I
    have to lie down... It's like a feeling that you can feel something is
    about to happen ie v* or faint but e=when that happens its normally
    a faint. It also happened to me when I saw the episode of the
    Osbournes where Jack's dog is very unexpectedly v* by the pool, i
    jumped out of my skin and very nearly passed out.. very geeky i
    know but you shall be fine. If it happens again, just lay down for a
    minute then when you feel strong eough, go get a glass of orange
    juice or something sweetish xxxx

That's about to faint?!?!?

Sorry, I've had those numerous times before so I know that they don't hurt you, but I didn't know that it meant that you were about to faint. That's happened to me, I feel weird, kinda breathless, then I get sparkly black things in my eyes and feel sooo sick and dizzy so i have to go lie down, and everything is swirly. Sometimes it happens to a lesser degree for me...I just get the stars and then I get a monster headache after. You will be fine though!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

happened to me when I was pregnant

Im glad you are feeling better! our bodies do some odd things.. are you under any stress or anything
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Do you have OCD at all? Mabey thats whyyou kept thinking about the step? Like, if you dont do certain things, like take x amount of steps, your going to *v*?

Oh yeah, Jack Osbourns dog...bad memories. I avoid as much MTV as possible because of how much *v* is on they're shows. Im a Bam Margera freak, so its a triumph to watch his show or Jackass.