Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New here!

Default New here!

I have had this website bookmarked for probably a year and I've only checked it out a few times. Even the idea of fixing my problem, or reading about how other people have the exact same problem just sends me right over the edge. I just turned 23 not too long ago, and having this phobia makes me feel like I am 6 still. I've only recently (in the past 2-3 years or so) have discovered that this was actually a phobia that others had and that I am not alone. I've browsed briefly through some of the posts but I am just too excited and wanted to say hello and thank you for making me feel like I'm not alone.
    I also wanted to post because I literally 20 minutes ago, took an antibiotic and I am shaking in fear that it will make me sick. I have to take them to cure my current illness and I also look some anti nausea medication as well. Just looking for some comforting and supportive words. Right now I have mild heart burn but I know that's because I have worked myself up. So, I am reminding myself to keep breathing, and taking deep breaths, and telling myself the anti nausea stuff will work, like it always does. Unfortunately, it's become my best friend.
    And as far as the $100 "we will fix your phobia" link on the main page.. has anyone tried that? Does it really work? If it works, I would give much, much more.

Anyway. Thanks guys and gals. And I look forward to making great friends here, being helped and supported and also helping and supporting.

-Cynthia

Default Re: New here!

Welcome! First off, no, you are not alone!! Second of all, I hope you are feeling better from taking that antibiotic. Have you taken it before? You should be fine though if you took an anti emetic pill. I know those have been my best friend too. Just becareful as some (like Zofran) are known to block you up pretty bad! I know that first hand! You should be fine though. Good luck!!!

Welcome, we all have taken are share of anti-botics here, and I don't think I've heard one person that has got sick from it since I've been on this site which has been more then awhile... and I think its a great step to realize whatever uncomfortable feeling you have is from anxiety, 90 percent of the time it is anxiety for us. I think the more you come on this site you will realize the more you are less alone and even learn from other people.. your def not alone and a lot of us felt the sameway as you do, the more you face the problem the closer you get to solving it or even understanding it.

I will be feeling better this week, hopefully thank you! I have taken them before, the only reason I am so worried is because just a few weeks ago my dad had taken antibiotics for a different reason and was going from both ends all night. He told me antibiotics just do that to him. The anti nausea stuff I took is... Emetrol? Or something. It's liquid. But I do have some pills I was prescribed a few years back. I'm not sure what those are called but they definitely block me up as well. I have to eat a looottt of fiber the next couple of days to get my insides moving again. Yuck.
    But I took that antibiotic at like 2 and I felt a little dizzy for a while at work and... maybe even a little nausea but I constantly told myself that it was in my head and it eventually went away. I am prolonging going to sleep now because that's when it's the worst. My normal nausea anyway.
    But anyway, thanks for the welcome and reply!

hi there welcome to the gang no you are far from alone.we are all here to help each other and no matter time day or night thered someone on here to help no