Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OK--I have 3 cats. Two of them are indoor cats and the other is a cat that I rescued and am trying to find a home for. His name is Jared and he stays on my screened-in back porch. I have to keep him away from my other kitties since I am not sure if he has been vaccinated.

I got home from work on Friday and went out to check on Jared, feed him, clean his litter box, etc. This may get a little *GRAPHIC*.

He had *v* on my porch (thankfully on the concrete and not on our new rug out there). Normally when my other cats *v* it doesn't bother me, but this was so much worse. He apparently had done it earlier that day, so you can imagine what condition it was in. I won't go any further than that. Trust me, it was nasty. I contemplated letting my husband clean it up when he got home, but then I remembered that I want to have a baby, so I need to get used to this kind of stuff and try to handle it on my own.

In the midst of cleaning, my mother-in-law called and I was trying so hard not to gag while on the phone with her. I did very well and was able to clean up completely. I was very proud of myself. I know it is just a cat, but it was a big deal for me. I was grossed out for a little while afterwards, but I was able to eat a few hours later.

So, maybe I am starting to get a little better with my phobia. I certainly hope so!

Jess

Well good job. That is a good step. I got a funny story about my dog v*. *graphic* I was at my parents house, and they have a small terrier dog. Well anyway, I was sitting on the couch next to my Dad and the dog jumped on my lap and projectile vomited on me. I looked over at my Dad who was now gagging, (and he is the one that always helps me when I have v*, and I never see him gag) and I just started laughing. It didn't even make me feel sick to have the dog v* on me or to see my Dad gag. I just laughed, I mean I had v* everywhere on me. I thought it was very funny, and my Dad said it was horrible. It's funny how we can handle somethings fine, and others can't. I just left my parents house on top of the world.

But good job Jess, that is a very postitive step.

Way to go Jess!! That is great. Cleaning up that is the worse, I tried one time and I couldn't do it and instead of waiting for your hubby to come home you took it upon yourself and did it!!! Way to go girl!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]