Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hunger Games

Default Hunger Games

Okay, so I have a mild addiction. By mild I mean that come tomorrow night, I'll probably be as rabid as a 13 year old fangirl for the Hunger Games film. I absolutely loved the books. I read all of them in 3 days. 8 friends and I have a section of reserved motion seating for the midnight launch. We're all so pumped!

A bunch of us are getting all dolled up and whatnot for it. I recorded a version of Taylor Swift and the Civil Wars' Safe and Sound. I keep checking Hunger Games news like something new is going to pop up every hour. I think I may need a Hunger Games patch to wean myself off a bit.

Is anyone else excited for this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Hunger Games

I'm excited. I'm not seeing the midnight showing since I have to work the next morning but I have reserved tickets to see it Friday evening. The books were amazing and I'm usually not into this type of thing but for some reason I was very intrigued and loved the books. The first one was the best and I keep hearing the movie is very true to the books and strays very little so I'm pumped!
    I hope the movie doesn't disappoint me because usually the book is better than the movie.

I've read a ton of reviews saying that the film is very close to the book. SO excited!

I'm super excited too! Not going to the midnight showing, but definitely going when it opens in my town on Friday. I haven't read Mockingjay yet, but I've read the other two. I had to put in effort to ensure I didn't read them each in one day. Haven't been this into a book since Harry Potter!

I've not heard of this but I've seen the trailer and it looks good. Don't quite get what its about but I might go see it. I love being that excited about books/films. I was SO excited when the last harry potter book came out, I went to the midnight release, waterstones bookstore did harry potter parties the night of release. Sooo good haha.
    Don't suppose you've heard of Darren Shan? You sound like you could be a fan

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseR View Post
    I've not heard of this but I've seen the trailer and it looks good. Don't quite get what its about but I might go see it. I love being that excited about books/films. I was SO excited when the last harry potter book came out, I went to the midnight release, waterstones bookstore did harry potter parties the night of release. Sooo good haha.
    Don't suppose you've heard of Darren Shan? You sound like you could be a fan
    I LOVE Darren Shan. I was obsessed with the Cirque Du Freak series in hs soooo good. I know absolutely nothing about the Hunger Games.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

AH at last someone else! I've not met anyone else that knows it. I loved that series sooo much too, the first few books were quite young and the last ones got a bit weird but all the ones at the vampire mountain place were just sooo good! The film was utter shit though unfortunately.

It's like whenever I hear about a good book series, the movie is on its way out! I only downloaded hunger games on my nook about a month ago and been extremely busy working and going to school full time to read it and then bam, the movie is coming out? I hate being so late with this stuff! Same thing happened with Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's almost discouraging to read now

So I have one day (which should be filled with exam revision) to read this book before I go see the film with my friends on Friday. Challenge accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseR View Post
    AH at last someone else! I've not met anyone else that knows it. I loved that series sooo much too, the first few books were quite young and the last ones got a bit weird but all the ones at the vampire mountain place were just sooo good! The film was utter shit though unfortunately.
    I know! I read them all multiple times haha. I think my favorite was either The Lake of Souls or Trials of Death. The ending of the series was kind of confusing but I still really enjoyed it. I remember feeling so emotional when Steve killed Darren. hahaha Ugh yeah I knew the movie would be awful. I much prefer the images in my head.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I'm very excited! I'm seeing the midnight showing with friends (as long as I'm over whatever strange illness I have) so I read the first book and finished it in a day!!!! I love it Can't wait to read the other ones!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

The review is up on Kidsinmind.com. As of right now, it says NOTHING about vomit. We may be safe after all! I'll make sure to post after I see it to confirm for y'all.

I know in the book there was vomit, but there may not be in the movie. I will post for you too!

Asianeko...IT'S HUNGER GAMES DAY!!! I'm going to see the midnight premiere too! So excited! I'm gonna have to stay away from fb though cause I have so many East Coast friends and I'll be seeing it 3 hours behind on the west coast...no spoilers!

Ahh! HAPPY HUNGER GAMES!!!!

Yeah I'm so excited. I won't post any spoilers, but I will post right when I get out if Haymitch gets sick or not.

Omgomgomg so excited! I have a mockingjay pin and everything lol. Can't wait! AIE!

I'm reading the first one right now, I started it last night and am determined to finish before midnight! Just so I can say I read it before the movie came out. =)
    But, when Haymitch got sick really grossed me out. It was just....descriptive. But the book is so good so far!!

Hunger games is vomit free

Yes it is! And fabulous! I would suggest reading the book first because it is that much more awesome, but for a movie remake I was not disappointed!

Thanks for sharing. It makes me so happy it's vomit free, and I can enjoy the movie fully relaxed.

I so want to read these books but because the film has now come out they have shot up in price - gutted! The film looks amazing though, but I do prefer to read before I see the film.

I saw it opening night........and........

I. LOVED. IT.

I'm so ashamed to admit I haven't read the books yet, and I really don't know why....it's definitely the type of book I would love to read. I just haven't heard of it up until now. But I will definitely be reading the series soon. Absolutely amazing.

And yes, I can verify that this movie is v* free. I was slightly worried about this while seeing it, but was relieved to find that there was no signs of v* or anything in it

If you are a makeup fan, this youtube makeup guru has a whole series of Hunger Games inspired looks based on each district. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4A6A76B36C639CF0

Not all are particularly wearable, haha, but it is a cute fun idea.
    Last edited by barbiegirl; 03-30-2012 at 12:59 AM.
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

Barbie, I love that chick! I was following her videos trying to get ideas for the midnight launch. See, I'm a nerd and would wear about half of those out and about as long as I wasn't working anyway

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    Barbie, I love that chick! I was following her videos trying to get ideas for the midnight launch. See, I'm a nerd and would wear about half of those out and about as long as I wasn't working anyway
    The Pixiwoo girls are the best, although I don't think they have any Hunger Games tutorials. Promise Phan has some incredible transformations on her channel. She's Asian and literally transformed herself into Angelina Jolie with makeup. But I am admittedly a beauty channel junkie.

Makeup is supposed to be fun. It all washes off, so why not be creative and play with it?
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.