Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: OT Flu

Hybrid View

Hello

Firstly I wanna state I DO NOT have the stomach flu! I think I have actual chest...respitory flu or whatever you want to call it. Anyway my glands were so swollen yesterday it hurt under my arms and my neck, I can't stop coughing and sneezing and I keep losing my voice ANYWAY I didn't come here just to whine about symptoms. My main problem is I am very nauseated with all the coughing and the painkillers so I wondered if anyone knew what food would be good for me? I am feeling better today but colds have a habit of taking ages to disappear for me, does anyone know what I can do to help shift this faster. I am moving in less than a week and want to be semi healthy lol Any advice welcome! I stayed in bed for 2 days but have to be up doing stuff there is no way I can leave it. So any suggestions appreciated.

I suck at getting sick, I only get something like this about once a year or less usually so when it happens I am a big baby!!!!!!! And I get it BAD!

Xxxxxxxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Vitamin C and echinacea!!! take 500 mgs of vitamin C morning and night with meals and take echinacea as the bottle says OR drink echinacea tea. as far as food goes, i've found eating crackers with a good broth to be helpful. it's better to make the broth, using lots of healthy stuff, but if you don't have time, buy some. don't eat ant dairy for a little while. this promotes mucus forming and will make you cough more, etc. try to drink tea and eat soup as hot as possible!! good luck, hope you feel better!!

I suggest, sipping on broth, eating crackers, dry toast, or boil some white rice. That is what I ususally eat when I am sick. And if your thorat is sore, eat some popsicles. Really you can eat what ever you want, but I know sometimes when I get sick, eating is the last thing on my mind. Just stay in bed and get plenty of rest and hopefully it won't last long. I hope you feel better.

Michele

Vitamin C for sure, I am not too sure about the echinacea, I thought that only works with the onset of a cold. Chicken soup for sure, and the foods that Michele stated. Lots of rest and plenty of fluids, can you tolerate pure orange juice not the ones that have more water than oranges. I find with a teaspoon of honey may calm the coughing down to, if you like honey? Hope you feel better soon.

You can actually take 1000mg of vitamin C twice a day. Spread it out and make sure something is on your stomach. I take 1000mg of vitamin C in the morning and at night everyday. Some people do disagree with this but its proven that your body will use all that it needs and you will excrete the rest! Everyone is different in there needs. Some people actually take a lot more at the beginning of a flu or cold. Drink LOTS of fluids...that really is the key! Flush that stuff out!!!

There is a something called "Airborne". It is really good for colds and flu. You can find it in health food stores. It is orange flavored and you put in a small cup of water and it dissolves and you drink it. Its the best way to get vitamin C and echinacea. There is more stuff in it but I cant remember what!

You got some really good suggestions in the previous posts too!

Hope you feel better![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]