Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post Son suddenly sick!!!!! Help please

I know I've been on here a lot lately, and I'm sorry to all of you. I'm really scared right now. I had a headache earlier that was making me feel ill, but it kinda passed. I had to go do some shopping at Walmart and after my son said he was soooo hungry can we eat at McDonalds, I said yeah because it was getting late and I thought I had to drive out to my husbands work. Well we came home and I started cleaning and my son played video games. A couple of hours later he came in and told me his head was hurting and his lips went pale and he v* all over me, my room and bathroom. He then said he felt better. But about 45 minutes later he got up and walked around and started to feel ill again. He's asleep now, and now I'm laying down after cleaning everything up. Now my stomach is making noises and I'm just flat out in terror. Does this mean we're sick or his food just didn't settle? I'm so scred. I cleaned my bathroom with bleach and removed all the soiled items to outside and shampooed my carpet. But I ate there too and it got all over me!!!

Default Re: Son suddenly sick!!!!! Help please

Sounds like it might be food related, could just be that the mcds didn't agree with his tummy. Did he just v once, like one episode?

I'd be willing to guess your stomach making noises is pure stress and anxiety. Mine does the exact same thing when I'm stressed or in phobia panic.

Yeah it was just one episode so far. I'm up all night because of my panic. Every noise he makes causes me to jump. I made him a bed on my floor just in case. I didn't want him having a problem in his sleep and my baby roll in it. I know I'm overly panicking that's what I do. Stress all week and freak out while we were out of town then come home and this happens. I'm a mess.

Ok. Update. My son had his first episode at around 10:30. He felt a little ill around 11:30 and fell asleep around 12:30. I haven't slept at all in fear and just when I was about to say he's ok he woke up sick again at 5. So I kinda felt ok with things and calmed down now I'm scared again and my stomach is all twisted. It wasn't a big episode but it happened. Could it be food or noro?

Advice/input please! I'm desperate

I'm sorry that happened to you!!! It's hard to tell whats going on with him just yet, but due to him eating late, it could be that the McDonald's didn't settle right with him.

You are definitely anxious, so thats where your gurgles are comnig from. Try and hang in there...I know how frightening you must feel!

I'm sorry! I honestly don't know what it is...it could be the virus but it also could be the food. Unfortunately, you can't really tell in these situations.

However, you have taken all the precautions! You cleaned, you're keeping your hands away from your mouth and washing them. That's all you can do, but that damn sure is enough to prevent you from catching anything!

Also, may I ask, where in Cali are you? I live in Los Angeles and my boyfriend caught the bug which was just stomach pain, fatigue, and diarrhea. Maybe if it is the same thing it's just more severe in young children than adults!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I just about slept the day away since I went to bed so late. It didn't happen again, but I'm traumatized. I woke up one time hot and felt a little off. But now I'm alright. But I keep thinking my kids are going to turn to me and get sick all over me.

I've had a headache again all day. I've taken Advil and anxiety meds but they are not helping. It hurts so bad and I feel off. This happens quite often around 2-3 times a week. My doctor doesn't at all seem concerned about it. I'm just extra paranoid over my issues last night.

How is your son now?
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

My son was great the next day. Thanks for asking, so it makes me feel it wasn't a bug. He said his head hurt real bad. I get migranes often so I just did for him what I usually do. Lay down in the dark with a fan and a cool rag on the face. I called his doctor and they want to see him Monday. I'm going to tell her everything he goes through. He complains of headaches often and he gets these strange night terrors (I think). When he sleeps he opens his eyes and jerks, it looks like he's looking at you but he's not and if you touch him he starts to jerk more. Other times he starts to cry and he will get out of bed and stare into a corner or wall and you can put him back in bed but he remains in the same position. It's scary sometimes. But it will be nice to get him check by the doctor I know how bad those headaches are and it's sad to see a child go through it. Thank you all.

How old is your son?

He's 7 years old.

My cousin's little boy is 4, and he would randomly say his head hurt and promptly v*. His dad gets migraines w/ vomiting quite frequently. They took him to the pediatrician, and sure enough, the poor guy inherited his dad's migraines. Maybe that's
    happened!

I took him to the doctor. And based on his responses to her and my history of having migranes and cluster headaches, she diagnosed him with migranes. I didn't even know kids could get them. He has to take a pill at night to prevent them. I felt so bad. At least he gets treatment. My new doctor refuses to believe that I have them he blames it on my sinuses and always gives me antibiotics when I complain about my head. I try my hardest to deal with an attack, but it's so different in a child. And they don't always tell you when it happens. He's good now though. Thanks ��