Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default More s* bugs then when i was a kid

Have you noticed over the years that kids are catching more things..stomach bugs are worse and even colds make them courgh so harshly they v* as a kid i can only remember v* a few times and i cant even count them on one hand..

Is it because we are not that much of a strict country and let others from over the border in..some we dont let in..and foods or plants or animals..is this why? if so cant they either put a stop to it before it gets worse or come up with medication?

Default Re: More s* bugs then when i was a kid

I think a lot of people just aren't educated on personal hygiene or are aware of exactly how viruses are transmitted. Also things like the internet in general as well as facebook and twitter etc...people are just over sharing in my opinion..and don't forget, a lot of people exaggerate for sympathy etc..I honestly think genetics play a small part too. I come from a whole family of non-v*er's yet I have friends who will v* at the drop of a hat.

This is such a great reply and makes alot of sence to me.thank you..i think your right but people shouldnt need to be educated on hygiene..its common sence realy but i do understand what your saying..
    I think your very right about genetics..

My mum was saying the other day she has such strong death,never had a filling or tooth out and she said its proberly the same as sv* my parents hardly ever get s* they had one at the weekend but before that its been 15 years! Me and my sister are the same..But my sister has 2 children..chelsea is the oldest and shes 3 but shes been nothing but s* aleast once a mth since she was 1 years old..but her dad has ibs asthma a very weak system and my mum thinks she has got his jeans cos when they both get a sv* some how my sister gets away with not getting it when shes on the front line of the kids being ill..shes just had another little girl and we will see if shes the same..if shes not then our side of the family must have strong bodys that dont show symtoms..i hope when i have children they take after me to Im glad your family are not ill often to.

Thank you

I can't say i've really noticed any difference because these days i'm very alert about sick bugs and hear about them over the internet like on here or on facebook or from reading the papers and seeing that certain hospitals have been closed to stop the spread. Whereas when I was a child I didn't use the internet or read papers and the only people I knew were people from school or church and so really I had very few ways of hearing about the spread of sick bugs. I don't even recall ever thinking about it, if kids were off from school I don't think it'd cross my mind to wonder why.

I think as you get older and as media grows it's always gonna seem like it's more common than it seemed when you were a kid and were kinda in your own little bubble of childhood because you are so much more likely to read or hear about it.
    It's very hard to tell how common these bugs are because most people won't report it so even medical stats won't give you a very reliable account

There do seem to be more bugs about since the turn of this century, but maybe it`s just my paranoia about them that makes it seem that way. When I lived in Portsmouth, Hampshire, there was always some stomach bug or another doing the rounds, but I only ever caught one when I was 10. I do believe that there was so much sickness in that town because the people there are quite dirty.

Someone told me the other day that there are more bugs about now and it's due to the over use on hand gels and how clean people are trying to keep things, kids aren't building up a natural resistance to them, also the bugs are evolving, becoming stronger and harder to kill due to this. This was a friends theory, I think there might be something in it, but I do think the whole facebook thing dosen't help, hearing about it all the time. Growing up I don't think I ever caught a bug at school but now it seems to be a regular thing for a lot of children. I wonder if there is somewhere in the world where noro and tummy bugs don't exist! Any ideas? I want to move there!! Haha!

i do know that if you keep kids clean then when they do catch something they catch it badly..so i agree with you on that.. no facebook doesnt help either..i was only s* once at school and it was only v*ting once so i dont think it was a bug so yes i agree with everything you have said.. ooo i have not a clue but ill come and live with you to..lol