Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Omg guy at work has just thrown up, please help me!!!!

Okay so joe at my work has been complaining he don't feel well all day, he had a fever and just didn't feel well, noes he's come into the office saying hes just threw up and he feels great?! How can anyone say that?!
    Many way, since his complaining earlier on I've stayed away from him, told him to shoo and have been drinking plenty of water. I've had NO contact with him! Ive also been washing my hand lots!
    So the big question is... will I catch anything? How long must I wait to find out if I have caught something?!
    Ughhh!!! I can hear him right now saying he feels like he needs to be sick again :'(
    godammit!!!! I had a dream last night that I had caught a bug so I was extra careful today! I can't handle this!! Someome reassure me

Default Re: Omg guy at work has just thrown up, please help me!!!!

Your taking all the right precautions, stay away from him and keep washing your hands and you will be fine. Incubation is usually 12-72 hours but really it's usually 48 hours at the most.. Remember unless you are directly involved with the V* you don't usually catch unless you touch something he has touched and don't wash your hands and eat then there is a possibility but you haven't and you are taking all the right precautions and with that you'll be fine!!

Ahh, now I'm panicking because I didnt know he was feeling ill when I had eaten!!! I can't rremember what Ive been touching that he could've touched! I'm at work which has hundreds of push and pull doors! Ewwww!!!
    Hes just left work now so my anxiety should go down a bit now.
    Im supposed to be going out tonight, now I know I'll be on constant scared mode ugh.
    Fed.
    up.

You cannot get it if he's not showing symptoms literally even up to one minute before he V* he isn't contagious yet! The only way you could get it as if he didn't wash his hands after going to the bathroom and I highly doubt that happened cause it can live in the stool before they start showing symptoms, like I said I doubt it! You will be fine hun!

He may not even have an SV. Some people puke over anything, a fever, an earache, etc.

You should be fine. I hate when that happens why didn't he just stay home????

Quote Originally Posted by Erica1649 View Post
    You should be fine. I hate when that happens why didn't he just stay home????
    This is what I'm thinking!!

Ugh thanks guys, im currently stuck in that horrible state of mind where I think I'm definitely going to get it!!! Haven't felt well all day and I can'torivate myself to do anything.
    Im drinking plenty of water but I have a steaming headache!! I'm hoping nothing has happened to me, but I have to remember that this sudden hot heat in England and my cold are making me feel worse!
    Erghhhh!!!!