Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Can't sleep and I feel sick

Its now nearly 3am and I cant sleep. I have to get up in a few hours to go to work and its stressing me out. At first I just didnt feel tired but for a couple of hours now Ive got more and more n*. At 2am I began to feel like I was going to v* and my stomach feels unsettled too, Ive taken phenergan and a mild tranquiliser nearly an hour ago and they havent had much effect. Now on top of everything else Im going to feel doped up from the meds as well as from lack of sleep whilst Im at work. It wouldnt have been so bad but I agreed to cover for a co-worker who wants the afternoon off for a hospital appointment so instead of having to struggle through the morning I now have to get through an entire day. Im so scared I could cry Any tips on how I can get to sleep quickly please. I have the tv on trying to distract myself but nothing seems to be helping

Default Re: Can't sleep and I feel sick

I hope you are asleep by now! Have you tried reading till you fall asleep? That works for me a lot, you relax and relax until you just drop off. Another thing I do is breathing exercises. I know it's really hard to fall asleep when you feel nauseous, but I doubt you are actually sick! I think you are just anxious because you're not sleeping, and so you started to feel nauseous.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Default Re: Can't sleep and I feel sick

Omg the other night I felt so sick and couldn't sleep, I finally fell asleep a little after 6 am then my kids woke up a little befor 8am! I'm sure you feel sick because you are so tired. You're body will need a day or two recover from lack of sleep but you will be fine! It happens to me all the time.