Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Started to worry now

I posted in the early hours of this morning cos I couldnt sleep and felt really n*. Anyway I managed to fall asleep but only for about 4 hrs cos I had to go to work. I ate cereal for breakfast but didnt feel hungry so didnt eat lunch. I did have a bar of choc but still havent eaten a meal and its 8pm now - I just dont have any appetitie. Now to make things worse I feel really sick, Ive taken some phenergan but Im scared that this could be the start of a sv*. What do you think this could be?

Default Re: Started to worry now

I think if it was an sv you would have been s* by now, I have been the same all day I haven't managed anything to eat since breakfast, I think u should try something to eat like dry toast, your probably feeling s* due to hunger now, there are some really Wierd bugs going around the uk but if this was a full on sv, the symptoms would have been a lot worse by now. I am sure you'll wake up feeling a lot better tomorrow, I dont know about you but sometimes I find it so hard to tell the difference between anxiety and a actual illness, anxiety can feel as bad as the real thing sometimes! Hope your feeling better very soon.

I know what you mean about anxiety versus a real illness. But Im pretty sure this isnt anxiety. Im usually starving by lunchtime but today I just sat there with a plate of pasta pushing it around and actually only managed about 3 mouthfuls. Now Ive showered and am sat in bed with the tv on feeling quite sorry for myself. Every now and then it eases only to come back minutes later. Ive heard of lots of different bugs around especially 2 or 3 wks ago when noro closed a nursing home and affected some wards at my local hospital before spreading out to the general population but was really hoping it would die down by now and I would be in the clear. Guess that would be too much to ask. Ive even got heartburn which I havent had for ages, I have got gaviscon advance but dont want to take it cos if I need to take another anti-emetic it wouldnt be absorbed into my blood stream for a hour after the gaviscon. Thanks for your reply.

I know what you mean. I was so hoping the noro would die down by late March....but apparently not I do think what you're feeling is anxiety though. If it were a sv* I have a feeling you'd be actually sick right now and not guessing if you're sick or not.

How do you feel now? I hope you're feeling better.