Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I'm the copy editor of my school newspaper. We run the project through the a journalism class. Today we were desperatly trying to come up with ideas for our feature. In the past we have done drug problems such as steroids, a holiday edition, a sex survey, a drinking survey etc. People suggested stuff and other people just kept rejecting all of the ideas. So, I suggested phobias. I told the class that I'm an emet and that I think it would be a good topic to cover. And people actually liked the idea, so we are doing it! It is going to feature several articles. Mine is going to be an overview of what a phobia is and then the difference between a phobia and a fear.

Good for you! I'm sure we'd all love to read what you write!!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Awesome Helenhd!!![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Good for you!

Do we get to read the finished print????

I worked in newspaper in High School too. I wrote a one page article about my emet (it was HUGE). I actually got random people in school stopping me to say they were sorry for what I was going through, it was crazy.
    AIM - r311dude (don\'t be shy, I love to chat)

Congratulations to Rich and to Helen for "outing" themselves. I was so afraid to let anyone know about my fear for fear of being judged. That is really cool that people were sympathetic, Rich. I hope you get the same experience, Helen!
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Of course I will post the finished product!