Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default is anyone up? please help

I woke up about an hour ago for no reason but this isn't that odd - I often wake up and it's hard for me to go back to sleep. Before I went to sleep, I felt really, really thirsty and started to get scared because I read that was a symptom of a sv*. I felt fine when I woke up, even ate something (just some cookies). The only thing was that as I woke up I felt like there was warm liquid coming up my throat - but I've been congested and just thought it was in my head.

About 45 minutes later, I started to have really bad stomach pains - like gas, but nothing was happening. Then it got worse and it felt like my stomach was burning. I had a normal bm * then I had d*. Now I'm scared I have a sv*.

Is there any other reason why this would be happening? I haven't eaten anything weird today. Could this be stress? I've been really stressed out recently. Could it be IBS? I've never been diagnosed but I've always thought that I had it.

Someone please, please talk to me

Default Re: is anyone up? please help

Acid reflux and then the diarrhea caused by anxiety.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

thank you so much for responding. I'm also expected to get my period soon. I just got so scared because it seemed to come out of no where. My stomach is still gurgling but no more diarrhea. If this was a sv* I wouldn't have been able to eat the coookies right? Wouldn't I have v* almost immediately? I've also been drinking water and sucking on cough drops (it helps relax my throat muscles when I get anxious)

No problem! I always feel like shit before my period haha in fact, the majority of my panic posts, I'm bitching about my period lawl. The progesterone released before menstruation messes with the digestive system. I think you will be fine I do the same except I such on Lifesavers. It helps to relax me.
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I just wish this gurgling would stop. The cramping is gone but I feel like my stomach is still hurting - even though that could just be anxiety, but because of the diahrrea I'm questioning everything.

I also keep burping and feel relief afterwards. I took klonopin and I'm kind of scared to stop panicking because if I stop panicking and my stomach still hurts it's less likely it's just anxiety....

I think it really is anxiety so if that's the case, the klonopin will help you feel better. Hope you are resting now.
    My shadow

I'm trying to. Lying in bed watching bones and chain smoking (horrible habit, I know). I think the klonopin is helping - my violent shaking has stopped and my heart rate has lowered. My throat still feels like it's closing though and my stomach still feels off. I just hope that if I was going to v* it would have happened already. It's been over an hour since any diahrrea so I'm really hoping it was just an isolated incident. I just wish there was some surefire way to know this is just anxiety.