Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ya'll are not gonna believe this ............ my sister in law stayed home from work today because SHE was sick. She has a bad cold, well boo hoo!!!! She couldnt (or wouldnt) take off work and go get my nephew, but she took off work for herself. How selfish is that?

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

That is so typical of someone who only thinks about themselves! Sounds like she is pretty immature!

Now, aren't they the ones that just got married this past weekend? Did they go on a honeymoon or anything? I know you had mentioned that they were at the reunion, so I was kind of wondering.

Jess

I so believe it. She is the typical narcissist. She thinks
    about things only in relation to herself. In other words, how do
    life events impact her? If they do so negatively, she scurries
    around to find a way to make things work to HER advantage. If she
    is sick, the whole world has to stop rotating on its axis.
    She is a complete and total piece of work. What you need to do,
    Jennyleigh, is divorce yourself from her as much as possible. If
    not, she will always somehow suck you into her drama. Trust me, I
    know. I have had an incredible amount of experience with drama
    queens.

Stella

They did not go off any where for a honeymoon. I dont know that they really had the finances to go and who wants to keep six kids while they are gone. They had the opportunity to go out to eat, but they chose not to. I try to stay away from her, but she is the one that calls me and so on. She just shows up at the house sometimes, which really grates my nerves. I dont just show up at peoples houses without calling first or being invited. She's a real piece of work, no doubt.

Jennyleigh,

Just wondering...Does your hubby get offended if you say anything about his family? I know mine does. If my tone of voice is the least bit negative, he gets really upset!

Jess

Jess, he only really gets upset if I say something negative about his dad. He knows his family is crazy, lol. Really though, in all seriousness, he knows that certain people in his family have issues, and he doesnt get mad when I say something. Of course, after being married to him for almost 11 yrs, I know how to go about telling him things too.

Well, maybe after my husband and I are married that long, he will not be so sensitive.

One thing that bugs me about his sister is that she will come up with some expensive gift for his parents for Christmas, B-day, etc and expect us to go in together. We bought his mother a $400 plane ticket for her birthday and now his sister wants to get his mother a $400 camera for mother's day! To me, that is just too much to spend. We usually spend $50-75 on our parents for special occasions and we try to be fair about it. You should spend an equal amount on all parents/grandparents. Then if we elect not to go in together, then we are silently criticized for not doing so! The funny part about it is that his parents live quite comfortably and are not in need of anything whatsoever. We all have good jobs and make decent money, but we didn't even buy ourselves a $400 camera! I just think that is way too much to spend on Mother's Day!

Jess

Are you serious? She stayed home for a COLD?? But left the poor v'ing baby at SCHOOL for others to take care of?????? That is all I am going to say or I will start to say not so nice things!!

Jess, my husband used to be sensitive about family things too. I think in the beginning he was always on the defensive about things. He would say things like "Well what do you want me to do about it?" He realizes now that some of the things I say are not directed at the person, but at their actions. Know what I mean?

About those gifts, $400.00 is alot to spend on a Mothers Day gift. I loved my mother dearly, but she would have had a cow if she knew we'd spent that much on her. I mean, if it was something she really needed, then thats a different story. We bought my ma in law a refridgerator last year, but she needed a new one (her old was 20 yrs old!!!!) and it was something we wanted to do for her.
    I think we got her perfume for Mothers Day.

How is it going in your family now Leigh?

Things are going ok right now, but with this sister in laws I have, no telling how long that will last, lol!! Im telling you guys, I could write a book about the stuff that goes on around her sometimes, or maybe a soap opera, lol!!!! Sometimes I think hubby and I are the only sane ones on the bunch, and sometimes, even that is questionable, lol!!!!