Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default ples help..can stomach virus lie in fridge with food..

Hi there..

my parents got a stomach bug on saturday the 17th march..There was nomore v* or d* after sunday the 18th..
    I stayed away from them and bleached and i didnt get it..ive asked my mum not to do me any food since..as ive heard people can pass it on to someone up to 2 weeks after.. Its not the 28th and ive ate some cheese out of the fridge..my mum said the cheese was opend after they had been ill..but with the 2 weeks (still passing it on through stools and not washing hands) im worrid someone may not have washed there hand and say grated the cheeses but didnt keep hands on the wrapper..ive read on the internet that the viruse can live on food in the fridge for weeks after..as anyone courght the family viruse a week and a half later from package food in the fridge that may have been touched but been in the cold fridge ever since..is the temp in the fridge cold enough to kill the virus? i will point out ive only found (lives in fridge for weeks on food,only on one website and ive scrolled through lots)

Ples help im so worrid..ive done so well not to get it via washing hands and bleaching..will the cheese in the fridge in a sandwich i made have been a big booboo..? or am i safe?

Default Re: ples help..can stomach virus lie in fridge with food..

I'm pretty sure SV* can't live on cold surfaces although I'm not sure but they thrive in warm places.. But if I get this right the reason why so many people get the SV* in the winter is because they are always in side I'm guessng where it's warm and that's how it spreads.. I highly doubt you got a SV* from the cheese though such a low percentage! I think you will be fine!

Thank you pinogirl..

I know it sounds realy stupid and its not me as such..its my emet asking me silly Q do you get what i mean.. I wouldnt have though they can live in the cold either..

I totally get what you mean, and it is our emet and the irrational side about things like this.. Like I've told many other people about almost 2 months ago my sister, her boyfriend and my niece all got it and I had no idea they had until they were better, so I was exposed maybe over a week not knowing that they were sick! Of course I went into a panic for a week and it was real bad, I lost about 10 pounds. Obviously I never got it and thank god they used the bathroom downstairs the whole time but still I'd be making food downstairs and exposing myself the whole time! And it doesn't sound stupid, trust I know how your feeling! But I totally doubt you were exposed!

oh that is awful..i bet you did go into panic mode! Im so sorry to here this but i am so glad you didnt catch it..ah so you used the same kitchen and didnt get it..I hope i will be ok..i mean even if the virus could live in the fridge its been almost 2 weeks..its not like they was ill only yestoday..so the cheese has been in the cold just after the 18ths.. Im glad you know whats its like and that it does not sound silly to you! thank you so much