Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Normal poo? Anyone else with these problems?

Does anyone else with Emet suffer with diarrhea almost every time they go? I've been to the doctors about it before and they did some bloody tests to rule out Coeliac disease, IBS and Anemia, and they all came back negative. I've been like this ever since the age of about 9 and it's rare that I ever have a 'normal' poo. I have tried changing my diet etc. So all I can think of is that maybe it's my anxiety and constant worrying that causes it? I should really go to the doctors to get it checked out again but I'm afraid they'll give me an endoscopy, and yeah, I definatley do not want any tubes sticking down my throat which might result in v*, No thanks!!! Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I really just going to have to man up and get to the doctors?

XXX

Default Re: Normal poo? Anyone else with these problems?

Hi I have to say that when i get really anxious especially when a family member or anyone I hear about is sick my stomach turns and I can suffer with the somewhat loose stools i put this alot down to anxiety as when I calm down which can take a while it goes back to normal but this is just me

If I'm going through a particularly stressful time, especially if I'm having a panic attack, I'll have diarrhea. And because I have emetophobia, I'm "particularly stressed" just about every day and end up having a panic attack almost every other day soooo yeah, just about every time I go, it's diarrhea-ish. I say "ish" because often it's very loose and comes flying out of me at the speed of light (sorry TMI) but sometimes it's real diarrhea (watery). It's a good idea to get tested again just in case but if you've already had all the tests, chances are it's your body's stress reaction.

I think I'm opposite, I have been batteling with some constipation lately ugh lol....this sucks

Don't worry (even though we do) but just cause you have loose stools and diarrhea, doesn't mean you have a virus.

Hang in there!!!

I get this all the time, particularly when im in panic mode! I think it must be the anxiety that causes it, as when it happens to me, its always when im worried! good idea to get tested again just in case though! xx

I do not have this problem. However, you are put to sleep when they do an endoscopy. If you are still worried about getting sick ask for some anti-nausea medication. I would go to the doctor even if they do an endoscope. I do not think you would get sick if they did an endoscopy.
    I write electronic music! Check out my music here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my music is free! Enjoy! PM me and let me know what you think of my music.

There is hope:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was having diarrhea every single time I went to the bathroom for years. I went to the GI doctor and she gave me Align probiotics. I am paranoid and only took half of one and for 3 weeks now I've had the first regularly bowel movements of my life. I think I only had diarrhea twice and I was on my period at the time, which is common. You should try it!

Ahh that's really cool! Everytime I go they just tell me it must be my diet and it's so frustrating because I know it's not, I've changed it gazillion times! I'm gonna have to put my foot down and tell them I need something for it, and I'll suggest that thankyou! And yeah tell me about it, it's always worst when I'm on my period! Thankyou xx