Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down OT: Eww why would somebody do that

I'm at work and work in a doctors office, I just caught a patient in the waiting room with one of our community pens in her mouth/teeth!!

Ewwww why!! Seeing that makes me want to get up and wash my hands (even though I just did a few mins ago) blech!!!!

Default Re: OT: Eww why would somebody do that

that is gross... then people wonder how they get s*... some just have no common sense at all... as for pens I always use my own... there is no way I will use another one after people had their dirty hands or mouth on it...

It grossed me out so much!!! She tried to hand me the pen back too lol I was so taken back hah. I grabbed a sanitizing wipe shortly there after

I've noticed patients do that with clinic pens too, lol. And one of my doctor colleagues! Soooo gross! Not just the germs, but the medical sanitizer I go crazy with (including the pens) everyday. What is wrong with people?
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

Haha I always chew on pens to be honest esp during exams, it's kinda like a nervous habit.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

People put things in their mouths without even thinking about it. I find that I feel the same way about people chewing on their fingernails...so gross and such an opportunity to expose oneself to lord only knows what!

Quote Originally Posted by kyphie View Post
    People put things in their mouths without even thinking about it. I find that I feel the same way about people chewing on their fingernails...so gross and such an opportunity to expose oneself to lord only knows what!
    I am a guilty nail biter. Like horribly bad, which is strange for being an emet. When my emet was really bad though it took a lot not to chew on my fingernails. It's really such a horrible nervous habit and it hurts. I don't know how to stop and I refuse to buy the "stop biting your nails" stuff that goes on clear and is supposed to taste bad or something. Some days I even try to groom my nails by giving myself a self manicure and polishing them with clear polish, but it doesnt last because then i bite at the skin around my nail....*sigh* Is anyone in the same boat as me? Or am I just weird?

Now I feel gross. Ha.

I put pens in my mouth sometimes too, but only my own lol its just she just like had it sideways in her teeth you know how many people in the office use it? Ewww ha.

i wont even put my hands NEAR my face EVER in public until i have sanitized the crap outta them.they say public pens r a MAJOR flu hazard.SCARY

Quote Originally Posted by kyphie View Post
    Isn't it said that licking a public toilet seat is supposedly cleaner than chewing your nails?
    Disclaimer: Any nutritional or health related advice I give is well intentioned and intended for general educational purposes only that may or may not apply to your personal health situation. It does NOT in any way, shape or form constitute as medical or dietetic advice. I am not your nutritionist and you are not my patient. Please discuss anything you may learn from any of my health related posts with your doctor and nutritionist prior to making any related changes.

Love me or hate me I am who I am. It isn't going to change. Don't confuse a succinct response or commitment to accuracy as being cavalier or patronizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica1649 View Post
    I put pens in my mouth sometimes too, but only my own lol its just she just like had it sideways in her teeth you know how many people in the office use it? Ewww ha.
    lmao I real that as, "I put penis in my mouth" wow do I have a dirty mind....
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Haha!!!!

I used to always bite off the skin around my nails. However, since I've been frequenting IES, I have fortunately stopped that habit.
    My shadow

I have a really bad habit of picking my mascara off! I used to do it in public all the time after touching public surfaces, no wonder i'd get sick so much! But I don't do it nearly as much anymore and my hygiene has gotten better.

Is anybody else a picker/fidgeter like me?
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.