Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help?! Am I safe from catching a s* virus after 2-3 days of family having it?

My mum has asked me to babysit my brother(9) and sister(6) tomorrow as her and my dad are going to a funeral, I feel terrible saying no because it's something important for them. My little sister was s*on sunday night and my mum stayed up with her all night and she was v* every half an hour all night and then over the next two days she v*d about 3 more times but she's been fine since about tuesday night. My mum also v*d about 5 times on wednesday morning but she's been fine since then. My dad and my two brothers haven't caught it and they are fine, and they are in the same house as them! Am I safe? Is there still a possibility I could catch it? From surfaces etc? Ill make sure to keep washing my hands and not touch my face, but could it still be airborn? And I'll probably be eating tea there, will the utensils and things be safe? I've been dreading this all week and I have been crying every single day, I'm so scared Mum said she's bleached door handles/toilet etc. What are the chances?

Thankyou xxx

Default Re: Help?! Am I safe from catching a s* virus after 2-3 days of family having it?

Hi there.im sorry your going through this.i was where you are now almost 2 weeks ago sunday.my folks got there first bug in 15 years on the 17t and 18th i was at my partners but had to go home on the sunday.only a day after they got ill.mum knows i have emet so bleached bathroom light switchs ie before i came home.i was in tears before i left shaking.im having cbt but part of my treatment is staying near by if people are ill.so had to face it.anyway i bleached more sunday night.everything i could think of.i had gloves on to.mum was of the nxt day but stayedbin her room.i used anti bk gel.washed hands was freaking out hardly eating.when

Default Re: Help?! Am I safe from catching a s* virus after 2-3 days of family having it?

47 hrs passed i knew i was almost safe but the 72 hrs would be the latest id get ill.ive hard grms can live on things up to two weeks so ive still been washing hands after the loo and before i eat.ive bleached everyday case someone not washed hands after a poo ie.i can happly say to you i didnt get it.so stay clean dnt spend time with them for aleast 3 days go to ur room.dont let them make u food.you will be fibe