Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question What are the chances..?

This is the 2nd time in about two weeks that something like this has happened. First, a litle girl v*ed near me at a parade, and after panicking for 3 or 4 days I figured I was in the clear. But on Tuesday, I was waiting in the ER for my boyfriend (who was being seen for a terrible cough) and a woman started v*ing in a bag two chairs away from me. I couldn't move away immediately, I kind of just froze until I registered what was happening and went to the other side of the ER. I've been a mess ever since. What are the chances I could have caught something? I've been freaking out that maybe she had a virus and I was exposed/some of the particles got onto my clothes/ etc. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated..

Default Re: What are the chances..?

I had something similar happen to me a couple of months ago - a girl v*d RIGHT beside me on the subway in NYC where I live. All over the floor in front of us AND it got on my shoes. Who knows what she had, but I didn't catch anything! Of course I was anxious for 72 hours, but I was just fine. I'm sure you will be too! There was another time when I had brought a friend to the ER with a flesh wound and a lady a few chairs away from me was v*ing into a bucket! My emet wasn't as bad then so I sat there and didn't move, but I was pretty close to her and didn't catch anything! I think you would literally have to be holding that lady's bag to catch it. I've heard horror stories about it floating around in the air for up to 15 feet, but have never heard any actual accounts of someone catching it from breathing in the particles unless they were RIGHT beside the person. I think you have nothing to worry about. Just give it the 72 hours to be safe but I think you will be fine!!

Default Re: What are the chances..?

Thank you so much, that made me feel much better<3 That was my one comfort, knowing she had her face shoved in a bag and not suddenly getting ill everywhere. LOL