Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post Just need to vent

Ok so I volunteer with hospice. I give the paints haircuts when they need it. I called one last week and asked for her daughter last week but she said she just left because her daughter came down with the flu not knowing what kind I freaked out and waited to call this week. I did two paitents yesterday. I had a major panic attack when I was on my way and thought I was going to get sick I had to pull off the freeway. When I got there she was wedged in the hall with her wheel chair. I coaxed her in the kitchen and he kept groaning and complaining. There no other person there so it made me more nervous. I was doing her haircut and she said she needed to move and was freaking out. I moved her chair a little and cut her hair as fast as I could and got her sweaters back on. I offered to wheel her to her room but she said she will wait till I was done. Then she said she was so tired she was nauseated. I never cleaned so fast in my life. She then said she had to go to the bathroom but I told her I'm not trained to lift anyone. I got her to her room and she went in her potty chair. When she got up a beer fell out of her pocket and I noticed she had open beers on the side of her bed. I left to wash my hands while she went to the bathroom. Her room smelled so bad and she insisted on hugging me. I'm so paranoid I don't know if she was sick or just being old. I love helping these people but I'm so sensitive to smells and they all smell so awful. I know that sounds bad. But I honestly do like helping them because it makes them happy to get a haircut since they can't leave their house. But it sends me the jitters especially hearing that someone was ill.

Default Re: Just need to vent

I bet she was drunk and not sick with a virus....I wouldn't worry hun! That's so nice that you cut their hair! I know it's not funny. It your visual of the beer falling out when she stood up made me lol! I needed that today. Anyways, you are doing a great thing and I'm sure if she was n* it was from drinking! Lol!

Default Re: Just need to vent

It's great to help them. I was concerned about the situation and called the company. It s little alarming when there is a old, practically blind, drunk lady and no caregiver. But apparently she refuses one and they do as she wishes. She has someone go check on her and a neighbor checks on her so I guess it's normal. My gawd I hope I don't get that old!!! Bless her heart.