Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I feel really weird and i don't know why. I dont have a stomach ache or really any reason to think i might have a stomach bug but for some reason i am convinced i am going to get sick tonight. I ate at a chip shop today and im worried somehoe i might get ill from it. I only had chips so the chanceis quite small i would think.but i keep thinking what if there was somehitng on her hands wehn she was floding the paper to put my chips on..

Ivehad an awful day, the stress of evreything just got to me today and i snapped, i couldnt stop crying (i also managed to break my mobile phone and mp3 player

I really dont know whats wrong with me, everything seemed to be getting netter

I'm sorry you feel this way. It sounds like a lot of stress to me. I get that way where I don't feel sick, just weird and "not right."

First of all, try and relax. Take a few deep breaths and tell yourself that you are not sick. Then find something that you enjoy doing. Either watch a favorite movie, read a good book, talk to some friends - really anything to get your mind off how you feel and the bad things going on in your life - getting a new phone is not fun and not cheap

I hope you feel better!

luckily i am getting a new phone tomorrow free on a new contract, im not one to lash out and think i only threw it at the wall as subconciously i knew it wouldnt matter if it broke. I have a driving lesson first thing tomorrow morning, i get worried in case im ill and miss it. Im absolutely exhausted, really i need to go to bed but i have too much work to do. My bf is coming over soon to play lego star wars on my playstation with me, i hope that makes me feel better. just wish i could stop worrying about being ill

When you are stressed out do you loose control over your emet? Maybe that is what is happening with you today. I am feeling the same today. I am not convinced that I will get sick tonite, but I am for some stupid reason convinced that my daughter is. Although I keep trying to trick my mind. These are my honest thoughts.

You're probably just too stressed out lately. Stress is a messed up thing.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Im not sure whether my emet gets worse cos of stress. I do have ocd however and that gets really abd when i am stressed so i think it might be that. I find it reallly difficult to separate my ocd from the emet. I also find it diffcult to talk to anyone i know about my feelings, hence why i tend to get angry, i used to selfharm to et rid of the feelings, but i promised myself i would stop, but im finding it so hard now to relieve the stress

I understand about tending to get angry. I have a hard time containing my anger. I am glad that you are no longer hurting yourself. I wish I had some suggestions for you of how to relieve the feelings that build up inside of you without hurting yourself. When my emet reached it's peak I was 15 years old. I was always pretty angry, but I didn't act out. I developed daily, massive stomach aches and always felt sick. My feelings tend to bottle themselves up in my tummy, as do many of us emets.

Are you into any kind of art? Could you paint, write or draw as a type of cathartic process?

Just please don't harm yourself. You are worth too much.
    \"This too shall pass\"

tongiht i actually drew a picture for the first time in years. i dont know y i feel so bad. My tummy doesnt hurt but i feel sick. I just ate some cookies, i wasnt reallly hungry (well i dont think i was but there is always the possiblility i feel wierd cos im hungry) and i didnt get that feeling where u put something in your mouth and ur stomach lurches. My bf things i may have trapped gas, i am burping a lot but i havent eatent anything i dont think that could have caused it. I thought it was anxiety so went round to his but as soon as i got in his room i felt this massive panic come over me and couldnt go in. I really dont know whats wrong

That is so interesting because my tummy "aches" used to make me have the burps. What did you draw? Did it feel good to draw something? I'm sure it at least helped the anxiety, as your mind had to be on something else. Did you used to draw a lot?
    \"This too shall pass\"

ive never been one for drawing, im useless at it. I have a teddy bear on a swing stuck to my window so i drew that and then coloured it in. It was very therapeutic and took my mind off stuff.

Is it possible tiredness could make me feel like this as im exhausted?

That's good. I say do anything that will help take your mind off of it. Do you like jewelry? My sister started making jewelry out of sterling and semi precious gem stones. It's beautiful stuff and very therapeutic for her. All she has to think about is what she is doing at that moment.

I'm glad that drawing helped, though. Just try really hard not to let the negative thinking take over. This is really important. It's hard to overcome once you've let it have that much power over you.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Im feeling lots better, just cleaned my bathroom and tidied around my room, alwasy find that relaxing for some reason but then im a neat freak. Im going to try get some sleep, its gone 2am here. Thanks for all your help, its much appreciated

Thats crazy, Im at work and just got back from the vending machine. It has this censor when you buy something to get it out of it before it'll sell you something else. I was about to buy a bag of chips, and it kept saying to get my candybar out first, and I was confused because I didnt know what it was doing. When I looked at the chips, the experation date said April 2004!!!!! I think God looks out for us!! I think that way everytime I go out to eat, that if what I ordered is "messed up" somehow, thatsomething will make it fallonthe floor so they have to throw it away or something. Anyway, if someone was working with food without gloves on, I think that constitutes as a violation of government regulation. Screw eating there! Not just emets, anyone! And bad days suck, ive had one today, my stomachs been cramping since I woke up. Talking to someone helps alot, like over the phone. Anything todistract your attention from it.Once youlearn whatdiverts your attention, it gets alot easier.

That is a good idea of putting your mind to work such as painting or some other craft to make you mind at ease. When my mind tends to wonder I paint ceramics or my walls. It helps a lot keeps your mind busy on what you are concentrating on. I hope you are feeling better.

hi

not really feeling any better. had a terrible nights sleep, waking up panicking all nigt. i have a major piece of coursework due in tomorrow and i just cant do it